All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Better ULW Board: SS Glide or Spleene Door 60 FunTech
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:11 am 
Rare Poster

I need a lite wind machine, and these two are for sale local. Which goes lower the 2009 149x46 Glide or a 2009 160x44 Spleene Door 60 FunTech?

I'm looking to mow in 8kts (75kgs+ Fatlady), is one better than the other?

What about at 12kts in 1'-2' waves, which of these two has the better ride?

Thx

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Opinion wanted: 09 SS Glide VS 09 Spleene Door 60 FunT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:58 am 
Frequent Poster

My friend and I both demoed the fun tech down in the Keys a couple of years ago. My buddy liked it so much that he bought the Barn Door 159. I have ridden it a lot and I can say that for light wind, it gets the job done. I doubt you will be disappointed in the Spleene's lightwind capablility. It is a great utility board and I think it rides down to the bare minimums of TT speeds.

That being said, I was recently looking at an 09 Glide as well. Looks like a great board but I have not ridden one. Looks to me like the major difference is the offset fins (to the heelside) on the Spleene vs. the conventional fins on the normal 4 corners on the Glide. Hopefully someone smart on this can comment on the advantages of either. I find the offset fins on the Spleene to feel a little weird toeside, but it is still rideable.

I have ridden the Barndoor in small waves with no problem, but avoid the mush. Get in the mush on that board and you will probably not like it. Best of luck, and if you get the Glide, let me know how you like it.

Post subject: Re: Better ULW Board: SS Glide or Spleene Door 60 FunTech
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

149x46=0.6854m2
160x44=0.7m2

Not much in it - I'd go for the shorter, wider board just for the ease of throwing it around. . . . especially as you're an "average" weight rider.

My Flydoor XL 170x50 doesn't have fins on the toeside - you'll notice if you carve heel to toe that you just fell on your face :D you'll get used to it though, and use the edge to carve properly, rather than just leaning on the fins. Very rewarding and a great feeling.

Why not an Oxygen?

Post subject: Re: Better ULW Board: SS Glide or Spleene Door 60 FunTech
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:18 pm 
Frequent Poster

I have glide and used door couple times i find glide smoother,about same ulw range,TONY

[ 4 posts ]