Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

one last email sent to iko

Postby kiwimike » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Fred,I have removed your free advertising from my website. Why you would want me to do this is a mystery. I would of course have done this if you had just asked me politely. There was no need to bother the DMCA.

Sincerely,
Mike allen
Proudly ex iko instructor and ex iko school owner.

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya

Re: one last email sent to iko

Postby kiwimike » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:33 am

so after a little research it looks like this is a sneaky way to get your competitors websites taken down. first iko rip me off now they are harassing me. i am going to email all the remaining iko schools and let them know how i am being treated. harassing me is not going to work.

kiwimike wrote:Fred,I have removed your free advertising from my website. Why you would want me to do this is a mystery. I would of course have done this if you had just asked me politely. There was no need to bother the DMCA.

Sincerely,
Mike allen
Proudly ex iko instructor and ex iko school owner.

Babel
Medium Poster

Re: IKO sad and pathetic, here is their latest stupid game

Postby Babel » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 am

Sorry, man, but you are the pathetic one... All this rampage because of a broken business relationship. If everybody would behave as childish, the internet would overflow with bitching about.

And you are complaining about them HARASSING you? LOL. Interesting view.

Btw: Whats the typical student of your school like? The typical pattaya tourist?? The wont even know what IKO is anyway ;)

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya

Postby kiwimike » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

no need to apologise. this was not a broken business relationship. i was ripped off. thats why iko are not defending themselves. why wont they defend themselves?

fred is telling lies to try to get my website taken down. i think that constitutes harassment.

most of our students come to pattaya to do lessons. they are not your typical pattaya tourist. you are right they dont know about IKO.

you wouldnt be an iko examiner would you?

Babel wrote:Sorry, man, but you are the pathetic one... All this rampage because of a broken business relationship. If everybody would behave as childish, the internet would overflow with bitching about.

And you are complaining about them HARASSING you? LOL. Interesting view.

Btw: Whats the typical student of your school like? The typical pattaya tourist?? The wont even know what IKO is anyway ;)

Timop
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Stilbay - Western Cape
Favorite Beaches: CT bigbay, Whitesands Kommetjie, Langebaan, Stilbay, Sterkfontein, Kalpitya
Style: Big Air
Gear: Cabrinha switchblade 2014, 4, 6, 8, 11, Bandit 5 - 10. F-one acid 130. Cabrinha thruster.

Postby Timop » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Babel. Nothing you can do or say will change this dudes attitude. Just let him carry on ranting.

Timop
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: CT bigbay, Whitesands Kommetjie, Langebaan, Stilbay, Sterkfontein, Kalpitya
Gear: Cabrinha switchblade 2014, 4, 6, 8, 11, Bandit 5 - 10. F-one acid 130. Cabrinha thruster.

Postby Timop » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Babel. Nothing you can do or say will change this dudes attitude. Just let him carry on ranting.

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:46 pm

No, I am just the ordinary kiter with the ordinary annoyance if it comes to infinite rants about some company. The feeling is probably triggered by my 4 law degrees. And how would I be a sellout??

Wild guess: The only reason why they did not sue you is because you sit in Thailand. Because you dont have a valid claim, you dont sue them. Plus they sit in the Dom Rep.

marinehazard
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lago di Garda - Italy
Wiek, Rügen - Germany
Bagasbas Beach Daet - Philippines
Favorite Beaches: Laoag - Philippines
Carnarvon - WA
Style: Freestyle, Wave
Gear: Best, Cabrinha

Postby marinehazard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:52 pm

+1 Mike!

The IKO is the most useless organization I have ever dealt with, and they keep outperforming themselves year by year. Babel, be happy you were never dependent on them.

You will not find one single owner of an (ex-) IKO-affiliated school who has anything positive to say about them.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Babel wrote:...The feeling is probably triggered by my 4 law degrees. And how would I be a sellout??
Wild guess: The only reason why they did not sue you is because you sit in Thailand. Because you dont have a valid claim, you dont sue them. Plus they sit in the Dom Rep.
so this is your professional cretinism speaking now? not the kiters opinion?
you don't care if some outfit is practically running pyramid scheme as long as it is situated out of major powers jurisdictions?

they don't care about kiters safety, their only concern is the money flow.
imo, the irony is the very people who are the real victims of the iko (instructors) are defending it. because in some strange perverted way they think iko is giving them the competitive edge...

Timop
Rare Poster

Postby Timop » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 pm

As I said Barbel. you can't change this dudes attitude. He and his cronies will criticise anything that is not their own. His school teaches four line kites off the bat, because "who needs to fly two line kites when you will be kiting with a 4 line kite". (One yank on a 4 line kite, connected to a harness, even with short lines will have more consequences than a 2 line kite) but hey, he is all safety there in Thailand. IKO and other recognised training institutions will teach you more or less the same standards, supply you with training manuals and lesson guidance, all aimed at giving the instructor the ability to teach his students to be safe and independent kiters. The couple of $$$$ they ask to be an iko school is negligible in the long run. Anyone accusing them of running a pyramid scheme should perhaps look up the definition of what a pyramid scheme is. The bottom line is iko and similar organisations provide the instructor with the tools to become a good instructor. It is up to the instructor to perform. The fact that one has to report back to iko regarding the students performance as well as the fact that students can report on instructors performance ensures quality is maintained. Anyway.... not that any of this will change the opinion of the Kiwimike followers. We need iko and similar organisations to maintain training and safety standards in our sport. Business differences should not effect the core of what these organisations work for. Trying to dis organisations on this or any forum just because you have a gripe with them sends a negative picture to the world out there about our sport. If you have a gripe go to court.

Return to “Kitesurfing”