Local Beach: 2005
Gear: F.One Bandits
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bandit 6 vs GTS2

Postby Mkuzi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Heya,

Anyone has an opinion or has flown both kites to compare the two? Im after size between 9-12

I've been flying f.one for past few years and B4s served me well. I have heard from my overseas mates (very good riders) that B6 is great but I definitely should try the GTS 2 - apparently it's awesome ! !

Fly-away
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Maccassar beach, South Africa
Strand,South Africa
Myoli Beach Sedgefield,South Africa
Favorite Beaches: One eye Mauritius
Style: Wave riding
Gear: Core GTS and Section kites
Van Hunks directional kite boards

Re: Bandit 6 vs GTS2

Postby Fly-away » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 am

The GTS2 can be worked nicely for power, where I used to have a 9 and 12 GTS combination, I now have almost the same wind range with a 8 and 10 GTS2 set. Now the GTS 12 never comes out the bag and the GTS2 size 10 is the "large" go to kite.
The top end is on the GTS2 is not as good as the older GTS version though.
With this message all I want to get across is consider trying one size smaller for the same usability.

Mkuzi
Rare Poster

Postby Mkuzi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 am

Is there a new GTS coming out this year?

The new bandits have just been announced.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 am

I had a quiver of Bandit6 10-12-14m and I tried today for a second time the GTS2 12m. Two good kite that jump very well, hangtime is ok (I little better on the B6), very low bar pressure, fast turning, good in KL, wind range is ok. I slightly prefer the overall features of the GTS2 and the flying comportement. I did not consider that kite at all so I am very happy that I had the occasion to try it. I prefer the Sensor bar, the valve by far on the Core and the rest at least for me is about equal but they differ a little so a test ride would be best if you can.

The GTS3 will be next year...probably in the spring I guess or early in the summer. I am in for a 10m to add to my XR3 quiver!

flylow
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Stuart, Fl and Long Beach, Turks
Gear: 9-12-14.5 Ocean Rodeo Aluua
North Select and Axis Surf board

Postby flylow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 am

Not to get off topic, but I think my bandit 4 s were more top end then bandit 6. The core kites look great. Never had chance to fly them. On airush lithium 2013 with grunt but not much top end either. 8-10-14. M

Henning_NL
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kornwerderzan, Workum, 't Mirnse klif
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer

Postby Henning_NL » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 am

The GTS2 and Bandit6 are totally different kites; The GTS2 wants to ridden like a C-shape (fullspeed, bar on the chickenloop) and gives you loads op pop and a big dead moment, great for kiteloops and unhooked stuff; excellent Freestyle machine.
The Bandit generates directly a lot of power and gives you a lot of power-control on the barstroke which helps great in the lift and hangtime. Downside of this that the kite pulls really hard, which results in less deadmoment. All-over it's a great allrounder.

For more indept info, we've reviewd the GTS2 and compared it with the C4 and Bandit5.
Reviews of the Bandit6 (and soon the Bandit7), XR3, Cronix and Catalyst can also been found on our site. Reviews are original written in Dutch, so I hope it's readable by google translate:

Review comparison GTS2, C4 and Bandit5: http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl ... andit5.php

Review Bandit6: http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl ... andit6.php

Mkuzi
Rare Poster

Postby Mkuzi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot guys ! !

Much appreciated ! !

Mkuzi
Rare Poster

Postby Mkuzi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Looks like I'll be getting the Bandits. I am into a freestyle and even got a torch last year but i cant get used to it. Being 95kgs seems like the bandit is the option especially that I do have a surfboard as well so a pure freestyle kite may not be suitable for all my riding - unless I get more kites specificity for surf (which I cannot afford).

Sorted ! !

I just wish the f.ones would have a better support here in Australia - a lot of shops moved away from f.one because of poor support.

Return to “Kitesurfing”