Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Review North Dice 7m

Forum for kitesurfers
quicky
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Mui Ne
Style: quicky
Gear: North Rebels, owned Cabrinhas BT, Co2, Nitros and Contra 2001-2005, Flexi Ions 2006-2007 and Rebels and vegas 2008-2011
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Review North Dice 7m

Postby quicky » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:06 pm

good drift all else being equal would likely result in better lower end not worse unless it is a very grunty large-sized kite with little depower. i guess that's what i meant.

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Westozzy and Atomic-

I'll save you a little time measuring 2014/2015 quads... Just as the Y on the 5th moved down in 2015, the Y on the quad moved up a little bit. It's good in that now there is very little difference switching between setups (though I still think the performance difference due to the different Ys was pretty minimal before), the downside is that spare parts/replacement lines are not easily compatible between years anymore.

Quicky- I understand your logic... It's intuitive to think that a kite that sits deeply in the window and has a ton of grunt would drift backward better, however that isn't necessarily true. If you look at a 2013 Evo, it had tons of grunt and not nearly as much drift as the Dice. It is definitely possible to make a kite with little low-end grunt and tons of drift and the 2014 Dice is a perfect example. I've also heard the Cab drifter doesn't have a ton of grunt and it drifts well.

-Dan

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 am

Oh okay about the quad, ta.

Return to “Kitesurfing”