We Test Kites

https://wetestkites.wordpress.com/

kas911
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Test North Vegas 7m + 9m 2015 on 5th element +wake style

Postby kas911 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Even the Naish Torch and Slingshot Fuel, both traditional C-kites, from 2015 models on now have bridles.
what you talking bout, bridles on a torch????????

jeffreygandee
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: All
Gear: North Vegas
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jeffreygandee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:40 pm

"It is not really made for looping..."

I'm finding that hard to believe, and I'd really like to hear from others on this. I've been riding vegas's since 2008, and I've always used the wake settings. The kites from 2006 through 2013 are looping machines that I've owned and ridden extensively. My buddy owns 2014's. I've yet to try his, but he says they fly pretty much identically to the 2013s, and he loops the shit out of them. I've megalooped my 10m vegas on wake settings, and I've seen videos of others doing the same. Not many 10m kites would make me feel comfortable enough to do that. I can't imagine North would take one of the best looping kites on the market, and turn it into a kite that doesn't loop well.

For reference, do you think older vegas loop poorly? If so, I think you may want to get input from a wider variety of riders when you do this testing.

It may be that the slower turning speed of the vegas is making you describe it as a poor looper, because it's true that it takes much longer to get around than a Dice or an RPM. But the kite pulls with constant power as it loops, making it easy to stay in control, and more importantly, making it easier to get "caught" by the kite. The reason I like looping my vegas as opposed to to other kites is that I find myself going higher and higher in the air throughout the entire loop. My body doesn't apex until my kite is pointing up again, and that is what looping is all about IMO.

exkites
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: All if there is wind...
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Slingshot Fuel
board: Balance - Alvaro

Postby exkites » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

No offence Dave but I think you aren't enough competent to write reviews for that type of kites.

Mike27
Frequent Poster
Gear: naish

Postby Mike27 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Outchhhhh......you don't wrote that the North Vegas is the best, most wonderfull, fantastic incredible freestyle kite... You will be clubbed over the head from all north affiliate forumer. !! :lol:
Where is this spot ? Tarifa ?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 am

jeffreygandee wrote:"It is not really made for looping..."

I'm finding that hard to believe, and I'd really like to hear from others on this. I've been riding vegas's since 2008, and I've always used the wake settings. The kites from 2006 through 2013 are looping machines that I've owned and ridden extensively. My buddy owns 2014's. I've yet to try his, but he says they fly pretty much identically to the 2013s, and he loops the shit out of them. I've megalooped my 10m vegas on wake settings, and I've seen videos of others doing the same. Not many 10m kites would make me feel comfortable enough to do that. I can't imagine North would take one of the best looping kites on the market, and turn it into a kite that doesn't loop well.

For reference, do you think older vegas loop poorly? If so, I think you may want to get input from a wider variety of riders when you do this testing.

It may be that the slower turning speed of the vegas is making you describe it as a poor looper, because it's true that it takes much longer to get around than a Dice or an RPM. But the kite pulls with constant power as it loops, making it easy to stay in control, and more importantly, making it easier to get "caught" by the kite. The reason I like looping my vegas as opposed to to other kites is that I find myself going higher and higher in the air throughout the entire loop. My body doesn't apex until my kite is pointing up again, and that is what looping is all about IMO.

That last observation really interesting. My mate and I demoed a torch, vegas and a new dice and I was watching my mate on one of the 5 or so sessions and I think ya right. I never quite put my finger on it but described as you did, in retrospect I noticed this. My mate still felt he could trust the torch the most to get around and catch him though...although I still maintain he went higher and looked more powered through the loop on the vegas. He eventually went the 7m new dice as he really wanted it for looping and hooked in strapless SB tricks, with some wave capability. Figured he wouldn't use all the dimensions of the torch or vegas (unhooked wakestyle wise). He rips on the new 7m dice I must say.

baobob
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush Razor 11, Hadlow pro 9&7,
Tona Pop 138
Trampa modified deck titanium trucks

Postby baobob » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 am

exkites wrote:No offence Dave but I think you aren't enough competent to write reviews for that type of kites.
He's right. How can you write "It is one of the last kites that comes without bridles" when you have as pure C-kite:
Naish Torch
Airush Razor
LF HiFi
Switch Combat
Best GP
Waiman Hawaii Maniac-C (4-line)
while as bridled
Ozone C4
Cabrinha Chaos
and to be honest the Fuel can be ride without bridles.

It was clear enough after your review about the Liveware and the AP boots that this is not your best area in kiteboarding.

Return to “Kitesurfing”