Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

epic

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: epic

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Sorry for the misspell Mr. Konza. English is my fifth language. I meant to say "PM".
Ok will check my emails because as of now I did not get any PM from you + I am very busy with the Surf Expo we have now plus getting a lot of orders from customers world wide. But will check my email and respond to you.
By the way this is my 11 year old son Cameron Maramenides showing the boys Youri and Samy at the BEST booth what his JUNIOR PRO board from EPICKITES is all about. You probably don't know these guys.

As you can see I am promoting BEST also. :thumb:
Attachments
IMG_3660 3.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Wetstuff » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:12 pm

People can be real azzholes?! ..but why pick a guy who has put more time into this sport than 99% of you. Dimitri, hopefully won't remember, but was a teacher at a shop in HAT back in about 2000-1 and got dragged out to give a lesson to some schlub who was probably owed money by the shop ..it was maybe blowing 7kts and he made his best attempts to help this clown fly some lame kite of the time ..in the hot/sweaty/sandburr conditions HAT can be known for. I didn't really know who he was, but he was trying... (I have not seen him since)

And think of all the newbies, mental defectives, poseurs, one-timers, college punks and miserable physical specimens he's had to wade thru to get to 2013. For a long time, I have contended - you people should be able to buy all the teeny-penis AK47s you want but need a license to buy a kite. You should be rated, not the instructor.

I have had a lot of kites over the years, one of the better ones is an EPIC Screamer 14. It's clearly 'Adults Only' but you would both want and expect that from Dimitri. There is not a technical flaw in the kite, all the materials are up to date for the period, the bar/lines are fine - no shortcuts observed. It performs beautifully. A excellent boosting/gliding kite. It is one of the few that I have be able to get a double-boost with - even with my limited skills. I think it's a great kite.

It's a shame that he becomes a target for people who probably get more pizza sauce on their face than sunshine. Press on Dimitri. ..it takes a bit of mental body armor to run any business these days. ..and thanks for that lesson.

Jim

dwnwinder
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras, Va Beach
Favorite Beaches: Jockey's Ridge, Cape Charles, Kite Point
Style: Waves
Gear: Slingshot, Epic, Naish
Been thanked: 0

Postby dwnwinder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:34 am

Hey Konza,
I'm the one who tested the Infinity v3, and I wrote him that email. He was nice enough to keep my personal info confidential, but the content is all mine and 100% real and factual. If you have any questions, contact me, I'm right here (I beleive he also sent you my personal email address). Otherwise, I suggest you test it for yourself and resist your antagonistic impulses in the meantime.

By the way, I find your use of the word "shameless" quite ironic. You take the time to misrepresent a factual email written by a genuine person looking to demo a product, and claim it comes from "shamelessbrandpimp". The only shameless thing here is YOU acting like a two year old inciting useless banter among kite lovers. One thing I love about this sport is the camaraderie as we all share a common bond. Anyone who has ever met Dimitri knows he is genuine and is a great ambassador to the sport. I suggest you do the same.

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Postby flybykite » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:36 am

Ummm... I'm thinking these people just want another thread like "Epic Bullshit light wind claims" and the silliness and banter that got fed into it.
If I ever find myself in loads of light wind, I'll be checking out your kites.

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 am

Wetstuff wrote:People can be real azzholes?! ..but why pick a guy who has put more time into this sport than 99% of you. Dimitri, hopefully won't remember, but was a teacher at a shop in HAT back in about 2000-1 and got dragged out to give a lesson to some schlub who was probably owed money by the shop ..it was maybe blowing 7kts and he made his best attempts to help this clown fly some lame kite of the time ..in the hot/sweaty/sandburr conditions HAT can be known for. I didn't really know who he was, but he was trying... (I have not seen him since)

And think of all the newbies, mental defectives, poseurs, one-timers, college punks and miserable physical specimens he's had to wade thru to get to 2013. For a long time, I have contended - you people should be able to buy all the teeny-penis AK47s you want but need a license to buy a kite. You should be rated, not the instructor.

I have had a lot of kites over the years, one of the better ones is an EPIC Screamer 14. It's clearly 'Adults Only' but you would both want and expect that from Dimitri. There is not a technical flaw in the kite, all the materials are up to date for the period, the bar/lines are fine - no shortcuts observed. It performs beautifully. A excellent boosting/gliding kite. It is one of the few that I have be able to get a double-boost with - even with my limited skills. I think it's a great kite.

It's a shame that he becomes a target for people who probably get more pizza sauce on their face than sunshine. Press on Dimitri. ..it takes a bit of mental body armor to run any business these days. ..and thanks for that lesson.

Jim
Don't blow a gasket! :D Some of us have known Mr. D for many years. Just got to give him a little grief to keep him on his toes! :allbegood:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 am

Another fun post that has just gone weird.

For what it is worth I don't fly epic (although I am demoing the new 4G renegades mid september for a distributor buddy of mine as a favour and I will write a review), but I just love Dimitri's enthusiasm and contribution to the sport. He is honest, open and just so keen after so many years. and no-one can deny is exceptional aptitude on the end of four strings...

Keep cracking on D man and keep doing epic shit!! :) :) :)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 am

Good people will write good things, bad people bad things.

If you are on the bad side, make sure to change something in your life to get to the good side...it will be worth it!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Well i do think the Original picture is funny. It is kinda asking for a video with Dimitri in his Captain America suit with a cape....... just sayin'

And Bitches will Bitch... nothing new there.

KLK
Rare Poster

Postby KLK » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I think the point is that a lot of people find it a bit distasteful that Dimitri will use anything to push/pimp/promote call it what you like his kites, I'm pretty certain the original post was not actually about Dimitri's kites or is he laying claim the the word Epic in all it's forms? It's tacky like his kites, and how many people actually fall for the "emails' from "happy customers"? With a reputation that Epic are gaining I wouldn't touch the gear with a 10 foot barge pole.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I think the point is that a lot of people find it a bit distasteful that Dimitri will use anything to push/pimp/promote call it what you like his kites, I'm pretty certain the original post was not actually about Dimitri's kites or is he laying claim the the word Epic in all it's forms? It's tacky like his kites, and how many people actually fall for the "emails' from "happy customers"? With a reputation that Epic are gaining I wouldn't touch the gear with a 10 foot barge pole.
Well Mr.KLK I guess you will never know what you are missing :allbegood:
Plus yes you are correct we are getting an incredible reputation with our EPIC products, it's amazing. Our sales have gone through the roof and that is because people actually do come closer instead of staying away like you mentioned, and these kiters actually do get a chance to try the gear instead of saying negative things. Why do you think we are turning down 95% of the dealers world wide!!!! We have something that most of the kiters wants which is: PERFORMANCE, QUALITY and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

P.S. By the way these are the new 4G SCREAMERS.
Attachments
Screamer 4G kites op een rijtje.jpg
DSC_0090 - Version 3 5.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”