Drew22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tpa
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 Best RP Bar Question

Postby Drew22 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 am

I just bought a quiver of Cabos but I am still using my Epic bar. I really don't care for the safety setup and I have had a few issues with it, so I really don't have a desire to get the new one when it comes out. My only issue is my Epic kites came with 15m lines and they are the bomb for the surf especially when its nuking on my 9m. They have really saved my ass due to the fact I don't have a 7m and we get maybe 3-4 7m days a year so I cant justify buying a kite to use 3 times a season. I can take my 9m on the 15m lines and it hasn't been an issue to this day and I have a blast. The question I have is on the Epic bar it is setup for a fast switch out, pretty much pigtails coming of the bar makes it take less than 5 minutes to switch lines. I cant really get a solid picture of the connection points on the Best bar so does anyone know if its possible to change out lines easy as in are there attachment points ect. I had a 2010 Redline bar and I seem to remember it looping around into the OSR but I can remember how the connection worked for the outside and inside lines. I would go to the kite store but the only Best dealer is almost an hour and a half away.

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs

Re: 2013 Best RP Bar Question

Postby vkngktr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 am

I swapped my lines out when I upgraded the chicken loop and release. I remember it being a hassle. I'll unroll my bar tomorrow and take a look for you. I really like my 9 and 11 Cabos'; the 7 I have sucks. I find the Cabos' can handle a lot of wind but not much low end. I use 20s on my 9 in waves and its awesome. I can ride that setup comfortably even when its 6/7 weather. BTW you should get the upgrade if you haven't already.

Drew22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tpa

Postby Drew22 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks man, yea I rode the 11 and loved it cant wait to try my 9 out season here in Florida starts shortly I cant wait. What are thr pros to getting the upgrade? Do you have the 12 or 2013?

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs

Postby vkngktr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Looked at my bar and tried to remember how i did it. You may want to drop Best Support an email just to verify.
1. Remove the leash ring from the end of the redline bungee.
2. Tie a length of old kite line on the redline end with a double overhand knot.
3. Pull through release, swivel, depower stopper and depower strap d-rings.
4. Untie knot from step 2.
5. Undo redline from front line. You should be able to now remove the stopper ball. Remove exsisting front flagging line.
6. Thread new front flagging line through ring. Put stopper ball on new front flagging line. Larger diameter hole toward bar.
7. Reattach redline bungee.
8. Retie old kite line to redline and pull back through to the bottom of release. It should go through d-rings, stopper, swivel than release.
9. Reattach leash ring.

The upgrade for the 2013 includes a new release and swivel. There were parts that were cracking so the redesign was to rectify these issues.

I dont think you can get shorter lines from Best than 20s. You may want to check with them. I suppose you can use other linesets but you will need to remove the other stopper on the kite end of he front flagging line and reattach to new ones.

I hope i explained it clearly enough. Good luck. It wasnt as hard as I thought. ;-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”