All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: F one Bandit 7 Vs. 2014 North Rebel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 am 
Rare Poster

Dan-at-North wrote:
The Rebel does not compare directly against the Bandit. The Bandit compares much better against our Evo (or, in a month, our Dice). The delta shape is an all-rounder meaning it can do freeride, waves, or freestyle. The Rebel is pretty specifically a performance freeride kite, and (in my opinion) will be the better kite for general comfort while riding, more responsive especially when depowered, and bigger jumping/hangtime. While you can unhook on the Rebel for basic unhooked waveriding or raileys, the delta shaped kites such as the Bandit or Evo tend to sit deeper in the window and give you a steadier kite for unhooking, with a little more slack after your pop to make aerial handlepasses easier.
Also realize that delta kites have more grunt and less top-end... Rebels tend to give up just a little bit on the low end grunt but you get significantly more top end out of them, and they perform better when depowered.

Hope this helps, but as always, you're best off demoing gear if it's possible.

-Dan

Thanks Dan.

Thinking of going for the Evo now. How does the Evo compare to the Rebel in terms of boosting big air and hang time?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Be sure to get on a dice first my friend before you buy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:47 am 
Medium Poster

moontribe wrote:

Thinking of going for the Evo now. How does the Evo compare to the Rebel in terms of boosting big air and hang time?

2013 Rebel compared to 2013 Evo. Rebel has a bit more hangtime, the jump feels overall a bit softer how you go up and slowly come down and the timing has to be just right to get really huge airs.
Evo jumps easier, just sent and go, jump goes up faster and has just a bit less hangtime even it is really nice anyway.

I do not know how 2014 Rebel and Evo will compare as there are rumors that Evo will have more updates in design.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Been kiting with Bandits for several years.
Every year i test new kites and every year i find myself choosing the Bandits all over again.
I like to boost high, do some unhooked (new school), ans occasionally play a little in the surf. The Bandit is the most versatile all rounder kite there is and that's why i prefer it every year. Didn't get to test the new B7 as it arrives in two weeks from now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:31 pm 
Rare Poster

Thank you all. This is very helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

On top of that, the Bandit has the four line simpicity as mentioned before

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 am 
Rare Poster

do you good for begginer rebel or bandit? I start new and ı want to buy 12m kite and ı look bandit rebel dice evo and switchblade but ı cant choose whıch one ıs good for begginer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 am 
Medium Poster

Yes, Bandit is good for beginners. I started on a 14m B4 myself. It's stable and doesn't do anything unexpected.

Edit: Haven't ridden the other kites you mention, but all of them are ok for beginners (delta type).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:08 am 
Medium Poster

buddhaa wrote:
do you good for begginer rebel or bandit? I start new and ı want to buy 12m kite and ı look bandit rebel dice evo and switchblade but ı cant choose whıch one ıs good for begginer.

In 2013 Evo may be the most easiest for beginner. Bandit requires a bit more commitment to jump well. 2013 Evo has a bit more grunt at the low end than 2013 Rebel. Rebel can go about a low winds but needs a bit more board speed. Otherwise Rebel will suit to beginners as well as you get a bit easier upwind with Rebel than with Evo. In 2014 Evo will change to a bit more freeride. We will se what it will be.

Just rode 2014 Rebel 12m2 and it has more low end grunt than 2013 without missing any of the top end. This will help all beginners to get planing earlier and handle it with ease when wind picks up. The 2014 Rebel felt very solid and stable in very gusty winds and the changes in profile made it easier to time jumps correctly. Loved the new airport inflation system. It is good evolution of a great kite.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:12 pm 
Medium Poster

for a beginner all of the above are good choices.
if you intend on keeping the kite for several years then IMHO the Bandit is the most fun to kite with once you get to intermediate level.

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next