All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2014 North Line Up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 pm 
Rare Poster

I am disappointed that North dropped the Fuse, one of the best freeride boosting kites on the market. I was going to stock up on some more but the slight glimpse I saw of the new EVO I think I will wait. The bridle set up and shape of the EVO looks very similar to the Fuse. Could be the Fuse has been rebadged as EVO. A lot of EVO riders might not be happy but it has put a smile on my face. The vid I watched about North's line up, it was mentioned that the new EVO is more a freeride kite......look forward to testing the Dice and Evo back to back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

Great post Brian.

You are the first I've heard mention that the Dice has a delay in the turn initiation. I'm similar to you and I don't want that lag. Does the Dice have pulleys? I would think a fixed bridle would be very direct. Can you comment more on this?

I bought 2013 Rebels this year , a 7m and a 10m and I am very happy. The range is insane.
I am planning to add another kite though to mix it up some. It'll be a Dice or a Vegas. Planning to demo and then decide. I'd say it would be the Dice but for your comment.

The Vegas looks very attractive though and the 2013 sale price makes it look better. Doesn't seem to be much different in 2014. Would you spend the extra cash for the 2014?

Thanks
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Well yes it has sliders, no pulleys, but same same.

Nope I haven't felt any particular delay. And I have come off the no pulley ozone kites. Still ride the zephyr as that's a magic kite. The rebel is far more spongy in my mind. I suppose there is that bridal lag slightly but nothing noticeable really. Smoothest north kite I have flown, its like a north with that Airush smoothness....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:11 am 
Frequent Poster

Tony wrote:
The Vegas looks very attractive though and the 2013 sale price makes it look better. Doesn't seem to be much different in 2014. Would you spend the extra cash for the 2014?

Thanks
Tony

I would like to give the Dice a couple of more test rides before getting into it anymore than I have, for now I yield to Westozzy, it sounds like he has more experience with it than I do.

Regarding the 2014 Vegas, I just had a really great session at Sherman Island today. I took it a 9 meter through the whole range. It was light when I went out and by the time I was done I was pretty lit. Is the 2014 worth the extra $? I tend to think not but it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. They felt very similar with 2 minor distinct differences. The low end of the 2014 is a little better (especially in the bigger sizes), and in the loops there is absolutely no flapping in the trailing edge. It makes it a little smoother feeling but all in all the 2013 and 2014 are both insanely good. I Hope that helps!

Brian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Had two more sessions today. Yeh there is a slight bridal delay no doubt, but nothing that stopped it working well. I never thought oh I wish it didn't have a delay. But yes it is there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have a new in the bag 2013 9m Evo, Im stoked to read THIS year North revamps my new kite. Anybody want to buy it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:12 pm 
Medium Poster

It's not even a revamp. It's a TOTALLY different kite. just the name is the same. You will still find people wanting it :-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Where can I find info on the new Evo?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:29 pm 
Medium Poster

Videos from the surfexpo, and some forums
You will see it's a completely different shape, it's more a fuse than an evo, very high aspet
no delta shape in it, nothing to do with the last 5 years evos
for sure, a great jumper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 am 
Frequent Poster

The new Evos arrive Mid-November.

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next