*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Ford Lake, Michigan
why not go back to straps. Are you trying to ride in boots just to ride in boots?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 658
TheJoe wrote:
windrt wrote:
Try wakeboarding and you`ll never complaint again.

:D


Word! I have only had a few crashes that come close to the cable.

If your coming out of your boots loose the socks. Just wet your boots before you get in them.


tried just that, doesn´t work. guess all the weird design and uglieness went down to my feet.

& anyway it´s a way to keep my bodydrag skills up to par

:D


Last edited by Tiago1973 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 18
edt wrote:
why not go back to straps. Are you trying to ride in boots just to ride in boots?


i want to practice some sliders and rails; I think the boots are better than straps for this job.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:58 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Ford Lake, Michigan
svetliy wrote:
edt wrote:
why not go back to straps. Are you trying to ride in boots just to ride in boots?


i want to practice some sliders and rails; I think the boots are better than straps for this job.



if you aren't being photographed I don't think it matters. Boots look much better on a rail, especially if you are tweaking it, but if you aren't being photographed why not stick with the straps. If I were you I would just hit the sliders in straps, and then when the day comes you want to take the pictures, switch to boots then, less beatings :-) Don't forget to take off the fins.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 172
I dont ride boots yet, but I find it more easy to relaunch in deep water if I keep the board on my feet to help against the pull of the kite. So why do you guys do the scorpion position instead of keeping the board at waist high between you and the kite?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Ford Lake, Michigan
Also there is no trick crashes in boys are harder that's how it works


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 91
I laced my boots up so they are tight but loose enough so when I hit the board can pop off. Still have a ton of support but can eject when I need too. Also, get the board behind you and land on your belly and bend your legs up to keep the board out of the water if you can. You can pop up really easy from your belly and get the board underneath you.

Some crashes at 2:00
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/71914078[/vimeo]


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:00 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 945
edt wrote:
svetliy wrote:
edt wrote:
why not go back to straps. Are you trying to ride in boots just to ride in boots?


i want to practice some sliders and rails; I think the boots are better than straps for this job.



if you aren't being photographed I don't think it matters. Boots look much better on a rail, especially if you are tweaking it, but if you aren't being photographed why not stick with the straps. If I were you I would just hit the sliders in straps, and then when the day comes you want to take the pictures, switch to boots then, less beatings :-) Don't forget to take off the fins.


If your wear boots for style then you are missing the pointbof boots. Superior edge and board control with the ability to throw tricks more powered and land hot with ease.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 658
jats2k9 wrote:
I dont ride boots yet, but I find it more easy to relaunch in deep water if I keep the board on my feet to help against the pull of the kite. So why do you guys do the scorpion position instead of keeping the board at waist high between you and the kite?

it´s not a choice, it´s just the position u end up after crashing

u could rotate latter on if you will but does not worth the effort. better just to put the kite in the air again and move on


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: How to land in boots without hurting yourself
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 1458
Location: The Gorge
Tiago1973 wrote:
jats2k9 wrote:
I dont ride boots yet, but I find it more easy to relaunch in deep water if I keep the board on my feet to help against the pull of the kite. So why do you guys do the scorpion position instead of keeping the board at waist high between you and the kite?

it´s not a choice, it´s just the position u end up after crashing

u could rotate latter on if you will but does not worth the effort. better just to put the kite in the air again and move on


huh? i always flip myself around before relaunching my kite, it takes 2 seconds to do, its not exactly rocket science. having the board in front of you makes it easier to pull the bar in and gives resistance to relaunch against also


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], herbert, KWK, yearningf and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group