Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What can we do, to match there preformance ?

Forum for kitesurfers
ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: What can we do, to match there preformance ?

Postby ronnie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42 am

This looks like it has a lot of potential. If you had a foil that self-regulates its depth then you have the resistance of the line to the foil through the water. The rest is the air resistance of your body as you can be above the water with a line from your harness to the foil. No board needed. You just fly the kite as normal.

Its obviously going to be dangerous to have a foil flying around if it comes out of the water so you have to get it working and then keep away from everyone else, but it should be able to run fast in bad chop.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 am

ronnie wrote:This looks like it has a lot of potential. If ...

Finally --- someone with enough for-site & creativeness to realize there
just Might be another way !!!!!!

So what do Ya see as a correlation between the target wind-speed , &
and the solution that sail-rocked came up with ????

I see a LOT !!

Bille
Attachments
Sailrocket---VSR2-force-alignment.jpg
Sailrocket---VSR2-force-alignment.jpg (10.56 KiB) Viewed 641 times

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I think it does show that it can be done, but you need an ultra-reliable system for keeping the foil under the water. You can see in his video that it plops out at one stage.

He is using air/water pressure to control a vane at the tail of the foil.

The resistance of the line through the water might get quite high and affect the control of the foil at higher speeds, so it might be replaced with an aerofoil for streamlining.

Like I said it looks like it could get dangerous so the development would need to be rigorously thought through, but it does seem to have potential for high efficiency and speed.

Here's the Sea Glider, but the foil doesn't seem to stay under the surface well enough.

gazxtreme
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Walney Island, Lake District, UK
Favorite Beaches: Sotovento Fuerte.
Sanbar at Hurghada Egypt.
Style: Old school, progressing to wake style
Gear: Starkites Sbow 08.
Starkites Sprint 134.
Brand Affiliation: I use Starkites in my school and rode for Starkites in 2008 BKSA grand prix.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gazxtreme » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Now that looks fun and I love the first clip with the pilotless kite as it is thinking outside the box but I do think there is more potential for disaster than tethered flight with that second clip. The thing you need with speed is razor sharp control and reaction and it shown neither, not criticizing the principal of it, there could be something in it. I'm not convinced there will be boards as we know them going much faster than they do now, it will have to be something different to a board I reckon.

Return to “Kitesurfing”