All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New kite for old school? Velocity 18?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:07 pm 
Medium Poster

New old school kite tips?
My light wind gear for years is Crossbow 16 and a Slingshot Glide with 6cm heelside fins, and this combo works great for a heavy guy in a gusty fjord in Norway. But what kite or board will make my lightwind days even more fun, with more speed and higher longer jumps? Velocity 18m or a big foil maybe? anyone tried it for jumping? I am 108kg (202cm) and most of the time here we have to little and gusty wind.

Toby, how did your test session go? Did you try new good big kites for airstyle?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New kite for old school? Velocity 18?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:31 pm 
Frequent Poster

We have been flying the velocity here in FL alot, and its fast becoming my favorite kite. Me being a smaller rider I don't need to go any bigger than the 13m. Hangtime is awesome and the range of the kite is amazing. You have a lot of depower in the bar. The only issues you may have is in light winds the kite does not relaunch and its not going to be the most study kite like your Xbows, so I wouldn't want to slam it into the water or a beach too many times. Damo and Phil in Houston played around with not pumping it up to pressure, and that lets the kite bend and relaunch in lighter winds easier. If your an experienced kiter that can keep a kite in the sky its a no brainer the Velocity is an awesome kite.

[ 2 posts ]