forum for kitesurfers
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:09 pm
- Kiting since: 5
- Local Beach: Anywhere in Cape Hatteras, NC!
- Favorite Beaches: Barbados, Dorado PR, Shacks PR, Cape Hatteras!
- Style: Wave Riding, Big Air, Freestyle
- Gear: North DICE, TEAM SERIES, and PRO SERIES
- Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding USA team rider.
Kiteboarding Instructor for Ocean Air Sports, Avon, NC.
vannibombonato wrote:If you never crash your kite it's not because you're good, it's because you're not pushing yourself.
Or, your name is Youri Zoon.
Haha Yeah I agree about Youri! And no, I'm not saying dont crash your kite, i crash mine all the time when learning new tricks, but do I crash my kite then ride directly at the kite causing it to invert, no. That was all that I'm saying.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
- Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
- Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
- Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
- Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
dannybarnette wrote:Haha Yeah I agree about Youri! And no, I'm not saying dont crash your kite, i crash mine all the time when learning new tricks, but do I crash my kite then ride directly at the kite causing it to invert, no. That was all that I'm saying.
Those must be then *controlled crashes* where you still have full control of yourself, the kite and the environment (wind).
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:34 pm
- Kiting since: 9
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: UK
I have only had a 5th line wrap twice when i was learning to jump and both times it slid round and relaunched , lines were twisted but easy to get back to beach and sort them out ,
I would say you can learn new tricks without big wipe outs , just build up to what you want to do in stages .
5th line kites are not ideal for those crashing around all over the place and not smart enough to figure out why
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], dwarf, MSNbot Media, vannibombonato, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests