Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: BR Maui Paipo vs Litewave DV8 vs Axis Wave

Postby ed257 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 am

C Johnson wrote:I have the 5'7" DV8 and weigh 210lbs
ed257 wrote:
C Johnson wrote:Hey Bob,

Thanks for the info. I have the DV8 and plan on keeping it for a long time. I had a Wainman gambler before it and while it was a fun board it had almost no flex so it killed my knees and still weighed too much to really do much in the air with it.

I don't have a lot of experience with strapless riding. the DV8 is where I have progressed the most. At this point I have my jibes nailed, I got my first few duc tacks on my last session and I've been just overall having a blast playing around with riding the DV8 backwards trying to learn how to do kick flips and hand plant backroll transitions. However unless I am lit on a 9 or on a 7m the DV8 just doesn't want to get much more then a few feet off the water when I try to ollie.

As far as the conditions I ride in. Its rare I get a chance to ride actual waves since I ride in puget sound and hood river mostly so something that's fun to air out and excels in mushy swell and the occasional head high or smaller breakers is the conditions I'm trying to get into.

I think at this point I'm just looking at what else is out there that is strong, flexible and dedicated to strapless airs.
What size is your DV8 and what is your weight?
Do you ride really powered up all the time, or are you able to go in the waves and actually surf them a bit with the 5'7" DV8?

Return to “Kitesurfing”