Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade kite
Nobile 555 board
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot Rally or F One Bandit???

Postby bsilviu2000 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello!

Does anyone tried those two models? I need some opinions about it, in order to decide which one is fitting better for me. I tried both and it seems to me they are pretty similar....

Thank you!

lander
Frequent Poster

Re: SLingshot Rally or F One Bandit???

Postby lander » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Ah these questions always seams to start a war of religion.

Both kites are deffinately good kites. I prefere the Slingshot Rally because of:

- Rally has no pulleys on the bridle (gives are more direct feeling), where the Bandit has pulleys.
- Rally has a more smoth and progressive depower.
- Slingshot has a more nice QR than Fone. (Again matter of taste).
- The windrange of the Rally is amazing.

And when all the talking and discussions are done. The best way to prove a great design is results (as they speak for them self). The Bandit has proven it´s worth in the waves with Mitu, but Rally really proved its versatility by winning the European Championship in Slalom and at the same time Patrick Rebstock proves that it is able to shred waves with amazing style.

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot Rally or F One Bandit???

Postby letsgoflyakite » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, if they are for you, and you have flown both already, then your the best person to decide what feels better to you. What pro's use isn't always relevant to other peoples skills and needs, otherwise we would all have RPM's, as thats what the world champ Youri Zoon uses (used ?).

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:11 pm

I agree with you, but then again - we are all gear freaks , and rule no.1 is to not go down on equipment. And if you feel that your quiver dont give you what you need, it is naturally to look to those who inspire you. Eg. Youri in freestyle, Heineken in race, Rebstock in waves or maybe even Toby in airstyle. And a logic argument is - if the gear works for them, it should also work for me. Then you know it is not the gear holding you back and you can sleep better at night and have more energy going out on the water ;)

vrossi46
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: PRASONISI RHODES GREECE , PAROS-KITE GREECE , AG.ANDREAS KITE BEACH GREECE
Style: GREEK :)
Gear: BLADE KITES , ABOARDS KITEBOARDING/SNOWKITE BOARDS

Postby vrossi46 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

I prefer Bandit over the Rally.this is a personal opinion.both kites are good and you can't go wrong either way.
QR system on the 2014 f one bar looks nice as well.
Blade Trigger 2013-14 should be on your list too, similar flying characteristics with bandit and rally , good quality construction, and you can find very very good deals online on it.
Hope that helps
George B.

braveman
Medium Poster

Postby braveman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:13 am

Got to ride both kites but 2013 models.
It's funny, but i find the Bandit more responsive, quicker, and better turning even though it has pulleys...
Do Slingshot still have an under the bar depower system?

Ended up buying a quiver of Bandits, but as previous posters have commented, you can't go wrong with either... it's a matter of taste.

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 pm

They are different but good, yes. I owned and was riding both Bandit5 and Rally 2012 in 12m size. Rally has a huge way better bar, safety system, swivel, lines. Rally has a much better feeling on a bar. The overall quality of Rally is better. B5 has a better jumping ability and hang time, may be a bit of turning speed and these are all its advantages. Very bad central lines Y system making it impossible to self land in stronger winds. Not so good feeling on a bar. In one of the tricks with multi rotations I lost control of a kite because I didn't feel where it was and the trick ended with severe hit of the ribs making me out of kiting for a month. Nothing of that ever happened to me with any of Slingshot. I sold them both in 2012. Since then B5 was seriously repaired 3-4 times, its new owner is an experienced kiter. Rally 12 wasn't repaired even once, its new owner is not an experienced kiter. Both are continued to be heavily used on water and snow.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm

also keep in mind the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Rally's are fairly different in turn speed and pull so make sure you are asking/talking about the right year

Return to “Kitesurfing”