Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Florian Gruber joins Team Ozone

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Ozone News:

Florian Gruber joins Team Ozone

1 flo.png
1 flo.png (435.7 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
A new fellow just joined the Ozone Team. From now on the “Garmisch Bub” Florian Gruber is gonna take place in the national and international competitions for Ozone riding the Edge. As his dad is crazy about water sports the nineteen year old guy found his way to kiteboarding ten years ago: “six years ago when the first races were started it directly worked quite well for me and my dad saw, that I’m talented.“

Next season when Flo will finish highschool he is gonna take a break just for kiteboarding and competitions. “2013 was a fully packed year with highschool duties and many competitions. In Germany I went for the complete Kitesurf-Trophy as well as the complete KTE in Europe. Furthermore there were lots of Worldcups like in Egypt or in the Caribean. Within the last two years my interests focused mainly on international competitions. Right now I’m second in the world ranking and last autumn I managed the first worldcup competition win in Melbourne. This year in Egypt I was beaten by my new team mate Johnny Heineken and finished second.“

The 6-fold German Master in Race (4x Juniors and 2x Master class) put some tasks on his list: “For 2013 I put my focus on the World Championship in China at the end of November. After that I’ll head to Australia for some more competitions. The timetable for 2014 is not yet fixed, but for sure I’ll give it a go for all important national and international events. Furthermore in cooperation with Ozone Germany we are gonna hold Race-Clinics.“

We are looking forward to having a great racer here in Germany with Florian, also on national level, a racer, who is motivated and also successful in the snow and freestyle. Florian is very happy too: “In my opinion Ozone is a company that is known especially because of its high quality products. The permanent progress of developing new ways and technics is awesome. Within my first meetings with Ozone I felt everything fits great and I’m very happy about our cooperation.”

Welcome on board, Flo!

Introduction:
Birthday: 26/12/1993
Style: Kitesurf, Snowkite
Homespot: Altmühlsee/Brombachse
Favorite Spots: Tarifa, Bayerische Seen
Favorite Equipment: Ozone Edge
Other activities: Eishockey, Skiing, Snowboarding, Windsurf
Plans for the future: First of all focus on the sport and afterwards studies.
Best conditions: Spot with wave and flatwater
Other sponsors: Temavento, Z-finns, Freizeit & Sport GmbH

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None