Style: Freeride
Gear: 2009 12m Naish Cult
2010 9m Naish Helix
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Park 2014 review

Postby kiteiwi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 pm

One of the struts popped off??? REALLY.........or do you mean one of the valve caps?? did you use the double velcro fasteners??

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly

Postby nick14 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 pm

kiteiwi wrote:One of the struts popped off??? REALLY.........or do you mean one of the valve caps?? did you use the double Velcro fasteners??
the internal strut bladder (inflatable balloon inside) separated from the leading edge bladder. the Dacron or whatever the outer material was fine and the Velcro all connected it was just the bladder inside. it separated where it has the octopus 1 way valve. i'll take it back to where i got it from in the next couple of days and and i'm sure it will be sorted. i'll try and get a pic.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:52 pm

tautologies wrote: I just saw the sliding stopper..I agree it is a mistake to not have them.
You have to be careful with Naish sliding stoppers combined with yellow flagout leader. The yellow flagout leader will jam it. If you want to use slider get rid of the through the bar safety. Maybe the Slingshot stopper instead with extra hole for flagout leader would work.

kiteiwi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Leighton Beach Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Augusta WA
Safety Bay WA
Wedge WA
Leighton WA
Gear: 2009 12m Naish Cult
2010 9m Naish Helix

Postby kiteiwi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 pm

nick14 how'd you go with your kite?? i'd like to see photos of separated strut. Very unusual.
I've been riding Naish's for 5 years and never had problems and never had a reason to jump on a forum and bag the kites with my first couple of posts................just saying. Troll???

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:11 pm

This week in Seattle I had a chance to take a new 12m Park out and bust its cherry.
The kite is very easy to set up and behaved beautifully when I did a rotation self launch.
I rode for about an hour and was pretty darn stoked how this kite flys.
Feels like it has truly massive range and amazing stability.
The new static bridal kept me well connected, no pulley mushiness that you normally find in an SLE.
Small bar movements were absorbed without dramatic redirections,
and intentional bar movements allowed complex fight patterns.
This a both a great kite for riders who park it and trick out and flyers who search out and rip.
High loops, lollipop loops and arm stretching wide loops...holy crap this kite can produce traction!
Jumping is effortless and the vertical pop is absolutely excellent.
One thing that really struck me though jumping this kite is the glide.
The 2014 Park can glide like no other kite I've flown and hangs you at the apex for long time.
I love it man!
I landed with a tether and it calmly stayed put until I walked up and grabbed it.

This is going to be an excellent big kite for the winter storm season here in puget sound.
Stoked on the Park!
Image[/quote]

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly

Postby nick14 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 am

To Kiteiwi, all my quiver are Naish. Before the 2014 park i had a 2012 9m,12m park and naish fly. The reason my first few posts are seen by you as negative is nothing trollish i just want to know if anyone has had these issues. Ive never needed to post before as never had anything to say or ask. Kites at the shop getting looked at now, i'm away for work at the moment but ill let you know the out come.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm

I got to try my new 2014 Park 9m yesterday and was very impressed. It has a very solid responsive feel probably due to the direct bridle (no pulleys). It also seems to have improved low end power as I was fine on my 9m while most others were riding bigger kites.

I did a lot of kiteloops and downloops and did not see any canopy flutter ever, but I was not overpowered either. It turns and loops very smoothly with constant power all the way through the loop. I think it helped my riding.. I seemed to make all my landings softly.

I did stall it once but I then pulled in a little bit of depower and it never happened again. I find this is needed for almost any kite in lighter wind.

Overall.. very nice. I did not try a relaunch and I could not test its upper wind limit.

:wink: CG

ineedwindnow
Medium Poster

Postby ineedwindnow » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm

To Kiteiwi, all my quiver are Naish. Before the 2014 park i had a 2012 9m,12m park and naish fly. The reason my first few posts are seen by you as negative is nothing trollish i just want to know if anyone has had these issues. Ive never needed to post before as never had anything to say or ask. Kites at the shop getting looked at now, i'm away for work at the moment but ill let you know the out come.

You're a troll unless you post the pics of the kite and the busted valve or piss off , the kite is amazing in all aspects.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 pm

You're a troll unless you post the pics of the kite and the busted valve or piss off.[/quote
I do not usually add to these type of threads and I do not know either of you and he may or may not be a troll but you are certainly an example of a wonderful tolerant human being.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 am

now now lets all just get along :-)

:D

Return to “Kitesurfing”