JeremieT
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New video and leaving Ocean Rodeo

Postby JeremieT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Hey guys,

I announced a couple days ago on my Facebook page as well as on my website www.jeremietronet.com, that I have decided to no longer continue with Ocean Rodeo as a sponsor.

After 10 years riding for the brand it definitely feels like a great change and opens me up to a huge amount of opportunities.

I am still looking around at the moment to see what great brands are out there and I am not sure as yet which one I will get the chance to kite with.

Not being with Ocean Rodeo does not mean that I will stop making videos and photos, far from it.
To celebrate the change in my kitesurfing life, find here my latest kite movie I named "Contraband".

I had a lot of fun filming it in the Caribbean on Union Island where I have set up my first JT Pro Center kitesurfing school.

The video is a little different from my previous productions, it has pirates, planes and a beautiful girl in it...

Now that I got you all excited and intrigued, I really hope you will like it, and if you do like it please share it on Facebook, Twitter, your local forums and websites - the more people who see it the more rewarded I feel. ;-)

Thank you and hope to see you out here someday !

Jeremie Tronet

The direct link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DOBWD-gcQ0

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North

Re: New video and leaving Ocean Rodeo

Postby BigPaul » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:17 pm

May we ask why the need for a move?

Great video by the way :)

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah, any particular reason for the move?

geopeck
Frequent Poster

Postby geopeck » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Just a note for anyone considering watching the movie - the kiting starts about 6 minutes in. Into an 8 minute video about kiting. Or about pirates or smuggling or something. I guess there was a point, I was just trying to watch some kiting.

JeremieT
Rare Poster

Postby JeremieT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks.

I stopped with OR because I decided it was time for a change after 10 years riding with them.
My vision of things didn't really fit with their future plans for the brand.

@geopeck,
Yes it is definitely not a kite tricks only video, you are 100% right. There are a lot of great "tricks only" videos out there, I just wanted to try something different.

It also opens the video to the non kiting community.

Take care guys

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:05 am

I noticed that Lynn has gone to Switch kites and here we have Jeremie looking at other avenues! Seems almost like Ocean Rodeo is going without any sponsored riders?? Definitely more to this story than just Jeremie moving on. With Mr Tronnet stating that he isn't pleased with the direction that this company is going I can only guess that they have decided to downsize!

James

No doubt you will find greener pastures Jeremie as your riding and video parts are top notch! So many great kites out there to ride I can only imagine that you are like a kid at a candy store!

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 am

soul19 wrote:I noticed that Lynn has gone to Switch kites and here we have Jeremie looking at other avenues! Seems almost like Ocean Rodeo is going without any sponsored riders?? Definitely more to this story than just Jeremie moving on. With Mr Tronnet stating that he isn't pleased with the direction that this company is going I can only guess that they have decided to downsize!
Far from it Soul19!

Relationships run their course over time and we couldn't have been happier with the 10 years we spent working with Jeremie. He's been a thoughtful contributor to the team from day one and we wish him all the best moving forward. We sincerely hope he finds a fit in line with his expectations.

As for us, we have plenty in store for 2014 and beyond. Our renewed focus on our roots and dark water will see media spreads on our gear in use in the Orkney Islands of Scottland as well as Greenland and the Northwest Passage. We will have riders on our gear in the PKRA and we've totally overhauled the whole line up for 2014, including a new generation Flite which is 30% lighter than other light wind kites and renewed generations of the Razor and Prodigy. The Soul drysuit continues to do incredibly well for us and will be joined by the new Ignite in November and our board line up now has a price point Origin board added to the mix as well as the Mako and all new JT Pro which will continue to carry Jeremie's name for the balance of the season.

John Z ~ OR

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 am

Amazing how the industry keeps an eye on this forum isnt it?
They probably hire 'social media' personnel and have them report in on the weekly meetings....

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 am

They can probably just do it with an automated Google search notice.

Jdude
Medium Poster
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot

Postby Jdude » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 am

Nice movie, it IS different than what we are used to, but i liked it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”