coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: California Kitesurfing

Postby coleman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 pm

RichardM,

some of the things you talk about i agree with such as the BS pecking order that some perceive to be the way of things. but with the way your opinions come across it seems that you are hell bent on changing people's minds with your way of seeing the world. Maybe its the overuse of caps or bold type, but i suspect not.

Just a bit of advice, you will never change anyone's mind about almost anything. you just won't. Especially on the kitefourm :lol:

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !

Postby RichardM » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:02 pm

coleman wrote:RichardM,

some of the things you talk about i agree with such as the BS pecking order that some perceive to be the way of things. but with the way your opinions come across it seems that you are hell bent on changing people's minds with your way of seeing the world. Maybe its the overuse of caps or bold type, but i suspect not.

Just a bit of advice, you will never change anyone's mind about almost anything. you just won't. Especially on the kitefourm :lol:
In many regards, you are probably reasonably correct, especially as to those individuals whom I end up ARGUING with (some posts are more informational and less argumentative than others).

In fact, I have occasionally been known to deliberately structure a post in a manner designed to TRY to elicit a response which I hope will help me further prove a point and often I'll use various types of emphasis as part of this structuring.

I always bear in mind that several hundred other people tend to read these posts BESIDES the handful who actually post anything and I like to believe that I may be more successful in influencing THEIR beliefs.

As to my writing STYLE, you are not the only one who believes that it is counterproductive and I've previously responded in detail concerning that subject and have also tended to reduce my use of different types of emphasis as a result. It might be noted that the use of emoticons is simply another, but less specific, way to add emphasis and I don't use them.

At any rate, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 pm

RichardM - I feel sorry for you, it sounds like you have a lot of built up hatred and appears you lost your love for this sport a long time ago. It's sad that you have to try and bring it down for everyone else. Although you raise some interesting points and you clearly put a lot of thought in, the sarcasm/hatred and the whole 'do it my way or not at all' etc just makes you come across as a total c**t.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !

Postby RichardM » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:35 pm

sijandy wrote:RichardM - I feel sorry for you, it sounds like you have a lot of built up hatred and appears you lost your love for this sport a long time ago. It's sad that you have to try and bring it down for everyone else. Although you raise some interesting points and you clearly put a lot of thought in, the sarcasm/hatred and the whole 'do it my way or not at all' etc just makes you come across as a total c**t.
Thank you for your obviously sincere sympathy.

However, it is misapplied since you have inaccurately identified my beliefs and attitude which, as your other posts indicate, do not agree with yours.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

jeffro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Imperial Beach, CA
Style: Wave and trick mix

Postby jeffro » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 am

The video makes it look much dicier than it really is.

Though I usually take another route, there's a large open grassy area up top to launch/land kites safely.

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby consumer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 am

Hey Rich I think your posts would garner a lot more credibility if you typed without using bold and words in all-caps. I believe it can come off desperate and erratic, which is counterproductive to trying to convince people that you should be listened to as a voice of reason.

Return to “Kitesurfing”