Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbows
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Soft Cracks

Postby Chris O. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Chris O. wrote:
rtz wrote:I personally don't put anything on my kites. That 303 stuff is going to be like putting Armor All or STP on. It's just the best of the 3.
I tried 303 successfully on two Cabrinha's kites generations (seven kites). I did not notice any side effects, it improved canopies condition in many areas and the soft cracks diminished or disappeared in some cases. Now I switched to a different brand :). I think the product worked well for me but perhaps thin Dacron in such areas would be better instead of workarounds and additional expenses. Furthermore, I do not believe it is a cosmetic issue. Sooner or later it will be an issue (fatigue), specially flying in strong winds, but that is another topic...
and about the past - Cabrinha Dacron - they had a great Dacron in red color but the worst in grey that delaminated, peeled off in two weeks. It looked like from the dollar store :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”