Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where in December with a few prerequisites :)

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Where in December with a few prerequisites :)

Postby Caesar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Murvalous wrote:Looking to go Kite surfing with the girlfriend in December (Early to mid)

Some pre requisites:
• Needs to be some flat water as I am beginner/Intermediate and want to work on technique and hate being stuck with only huge waves!
• Hot – So that’s Europe out!
• We will be there about 10 days, ill kite 5-6 and probably half days so we need other stuff to do, she is happy chilling on the beach while I kite but then we want to do other things too.

So I am guessing somewhere in Brazil or Caribbean? She doesn’t fancy Africa of Philippines.

So any ideas on locations (not just country so I can look up flights), recommendations or “don’t got there” advice?

thanks
NE Brazil (eg. Cumbuco)? :?:

Miltsface
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Miltsface » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Barbados has waves at silver sands if you want them, flat water inside the reef or at Oistens bay. good nightlife and restaurants. Wind season starts end of Nov.

Murvalous
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Murvalous » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 am

CTwatersports wrote:As a kiting holiday destination Cape Town, South Africa has to be high up on the list of choices. December is kiting season in Cape Town, with beautiful warm weather and wind all day everyday. There are tons of beaches to choose from depending on your skill level. Langebaan is flat as a pancake for fun or freeride. Muizenberg has warm water and small waves so its great for working on your technique or getting your tricks locked down. If you're feeling confident you can even try Kite Beach or Big Bay (Where the Red Bull King of the Air was held in 2013 and will be held again in 2014 http://capetown-watersports.com/red-bull-king-air-2014/ ) On top of all that, the South African currency is weak, so you can get gear, go out to eat, or explore the city while not spending a fortune. Check this out for more info http://capetown-watersports.com/
I was in Langabaan in Jan, great kiting nothing else to do, spent a couple of days in CT after and really didnt like the city at all! Not very safe either and I really dont want to have to worry about being robbed for a 10 min walk from a bar to my hotel!

Random
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Random » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:42 pm

A vote for Cape Town here.

The best kiting area (Big Bay) is not in the city centre, but a few kms up the coast. I wouldn't worry about safety too much.

I have heard there is a new lodge opening within walking distance from Big Bay and in close proximity to local amenities. Check out the Cape Town Kite Club.

There's so much else to do in Cape Town as well. What an amazing city!

Return to “Kitesurfing”