All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2014 Ronix Ones vs Hyperlite System boots... (AJ's?)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi, After some advice, i am about to purchase one of the above, they will be used 60% kite, 40% cable. I am an intermediate rider. Both seem to have a good following so probably cant go to wrong.. Has anyone ridden either or both, what are the pros and cons of each. I want somthing that is going to last as £380 is alot of cash for some boots.
they will be fixed to my shinn kite board for now but possibly moved to a tona pop in due course.
any assistance is appreciated.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Ronix Ones vs Hyperlite System boots... (AJ's?)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:57 pm 
Medium Poster

I know that the systems work great at the cable, there definitely a step up from the traditional boot. But you really need a board with 41cm and above for systems as they are a bit chunky at the heel and would catch water and slow you right down. If your going to go for a standard boot then there's nothing better than a ronix boot, there simply the best.

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm 
Medium Poster

thats interesting about the systems, my board is 42 wide so hopefully that would be ok.

@ george, have you ridden the system bindings then?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:18 pm 
Medium Poster

A friend of mine rides the Tona pop with hyperlite system, and he loves it. The water hitting the heel depends more on the shape of the board. There are boards that the harder you edge the more water will hit your heel. Not promoting this gear, just giving my two cents. Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have the 2014 systems and they are phenomenal for the cable. I have only tried them once on kite. They are a little harder to get into if you have to get in the water to put on. We have zero visibility in our bay thanks to the Mississippi and our local river dumping into it. Makes it hard to put on in waste deep water. I am putting them back on my kite board now that our cable is down for the winter.

If you go with the systems don't try and save make sure you get the 2014 pro's. The extra eva pad is a knee saver. Well for me any ways I'm 35 and 185 and going big off the kicker hurts. You can get 2013 boots and they will work with the new systems.

As for the Ronix Ones you can't go wrong with those either. Super comfortable and great feel for the board. They just don't hold up. Most guys around here go thru multiple pairs during a year. If you get them make sure you won't have a problem with warranties and getting a new pair A.S.A.P.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm 
Medium Poster

@ the Joe

I was looking at the Aj's 2014 and the pro bindings... not seen them in the flesh yet but they do look super cool. Shame I cant demo either, but at the price I understand why shops cant have all the sizes etc.

I need to get to the shop and take the plunge.

Also has anyone ridden / tested the tona pop, meant to be a good cable / kite board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have had Ronix Ones and Codes for the last 5 years and ride the System now. I have both the AJ and Process boot. I ride kite 80% cable 20%. The System is really good both for cable and kite. It locks you down in a whole new way. I was fed up with Ronix getting floppy after a few uses and the lace locks failing. The System gives you way more control and way more hold. It will take you a few times to get used to as it feels almost too locked at first, but one it wears in a bit it feels absolutely perfect. Best boot/binding I've ever ridden. As for the Tona.. It's too heavy for my liking for kiting but it rides pretty good at the cable. I have a Phoenix Project that I ride at the cable and the Tona doesn't feel amazing compared to that.. but as a crossover it works probably the best out of any kiteboard. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The Ronix Von Vidal works good for kiting if you have the 141 but it is heavy like a wake board well it is. It is an amazing park board that is really fast on the water. If you get a lot of 20+ days you might consider it as a one way board.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:33 am 
Rare Poster

Ive gone for the ronix parks as my first time boot mainy for kiting so ill see how they go :)

[ 9 posts ]