All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Billabong SG5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:46 pm 
Medium Poster

Looking for a decent back zip winter wetsuit and like the look of the 5/4mm Billabong SG5.

Anyone use these, any feedback appreciated ?.... They look well made and well sealed. For use in cold UK winter.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Billabong SG5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm 
Medium Poster

I know people on here hate it when you ask about one product and people give advice on another, but personally I wouldn't go back to a wetsuit without drain holes.. just my opinion.

I'm sure its a decent wetsuit, but for kitesurfing, if you don't have the drain holes in the bottom of the legs you'll end up with Jelly legs, (the leg filled up with water from the knee down)
I would personally buy mystic or ion as they are designed for kitesurfing with this feature in mind.

www.coastwatersports.com for a full range of mystic wetsuits and use code 1ST10 for 10% off ;) happy days

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:26 am 
Frequent Poster

I bought SG5 7MM Fixed Hood Chest Zip Steamer.
Very warm and comfortable.
You must get used to dressing through Chest zip, because the neo is very thick (rigid), and it takes tactics to get it over your shoulders when undressing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:10 am 
Rare Poster

Hi,

I have the SG5 in Hooded 6/5/4 the third winter now and I love it. Its warm, flexible and durable. I have an ION Strike for the summer but no comparison to the Billabong, my next summer suit will be a SG5.

K.

[ 4 posts ]