Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha I feel disappointed and fooled switchblade 2

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:37 pm

matth wrote:
OceanAdventures wrote:Not liking a kite is an issue with your shop, not the company. If I have a person call the shop and I recommend a kite, I take responsibility if that kite does not live up to my recommendation, and I'll take the kite back and get you what would work for you.

News flash, almost no kite flies good in light wind. I'll tell anyone that the 2013 lost some bottom end, but it is still a fun kite to fly, and I sell one almost every day.

Support your local shops and things like this can be avoided, and if you don't have a local shop, make a relationship with a brick and mortar shop thru emails or over the phone, and I promise most of use are more interested in helping kiters than making money.

How would you rate Cabrinhas quality and customer service.. looks like you carry lots of brands.
Cabrinha Quality is top notch. My first kite was a Cabrinha back in 2007, and its still at the beach as I sold it to a friend. Are there the occasional defect and problem, yes. And I do carry a lot of brands and I see it occasionally with all of them.

When it comes to Customer service, I can't comment, because when my customers come to me with a problem, I'm the one providing the customer service. My customers never talk with Cabrinha, Slingshot, North, Wainaman, or anyone else. Its my job to do that.

Now I can comment that anytime I have an issue with Cabrinha, they have always helped me take care of the customer. I also attribute that to some of the great people working for them, Damien being one of them. ( and you too Brent and JT!)

When a customer goes to the manufacturer for an issue, they do not know you from Adam's cat. And trust me they get a lot of bogus calls and people trying to get one over on them.

When my customer comes to me with a problem, Cabrinha asks me what they should do, and rely on me to be the buffer for what is legitimate and what is not. "Yes his kite ripped in two, right after he crashed it on a channel marker..."

Guys, kite boarding shops don't make a fortune for anyone, but these guys are the ones who help you out, more than most people would ever know. I can't say how many times I've have let guys use my personal kites while there's was being repaired, or let guys borrow boards and harnesses that they forgot or just wanted to squeeze a ride in on their way home.

This thread may have taken a turn, but in my opinion no customer should be able to say anything negative or positive about a manufacturers customer service, but we should be hearing that this or that shop, and I would be willing to guaranty that 99% of shops out there provide great customer service. I don't go to Wal-mart and buy something, then when I don't like it call Sony for an exchange. Most of these complaints are online orders from who knows and are upset because the good deal they thought they had didn't work out. I could be wrong, but when I see someone unhappy that is usually the case.

Support the local shops guys, and there would be a lot less of these threads in my mind.

hausmex
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Puerto vallarta
Favorite Beaches: Bucerias
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha kite and my shaped boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:53 pm

PVITfrumBYRAM wrote:This doesn't mean much without providing your issue and/or your back and forth convo with Cabrinha.

What were you expecting out of the 2013 Switchblade? What did you not get? What size(s)?

A lot of 2012 Customers said the bar pressure was too high, kite was too slow all though had good grunt.

They changed the bar pressure, turning speed and lost a little grunt.

Hello, I'm a Cabrinha fan , since six years ago I only use Cabrinha SB and crossbow , So I I'm so familiarized with this models from different years .

On May 2013 received my new 9m SB and test with this conditions :

Rider: 63kg = 140 pounds ,
Style: Freeriding, freestyle, wakestyle
Weather: 23 knots

the conclusions are :
Build Quality: 10/10
The way it handled the gusts: 10/10
turning 8.5/ 10
lighter bar pressure 10/10
Improved stability 9.5/10
control 9/10
Weak low end 6/ 10
relaunching 9.5 /10
Kite Power 5/10
Pump 10/10

Its not acceptable modify a new kite out of the box . Tried all the "tricks". B setting, tying a knot in the bridal, etc. Thats absurd to have to Jerry rig a new kite outta the box.

The fact cab has factory videos instructing people to do this openly admits that they screwed up in the QC dept.

The 2013 Switchblade was changed This came at a cost to the stability in the low end of the range , it has no power on low range and less power on the rest of the range. Compared to other years !!!!!

I don't mind the premium price, but certainly expect premium function and service.

First , they told me to try this ans that .... Then the say there is no way to change this unless they wait for the 2014 Switchblade for an exchange ... BS .... Now they don not want exchange the kite !!!!

So this is what you can expect form Cabrinha

Thank you

hausmex
Rare Poster

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:56 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:
matth wrote:
OceanAdventures wrote:Not liking a kite is an issue with your shop, not the company. If I have a person call the shop and I recommend a kite, I take responsibility if that kite does not live up to my recommendation, and I'll take the kite back and get you what would work for you.

News flash, almost no kite flies good in light wind. I'll tell anyone that the 2013 lost some bottom end, but it is still a fun kite to fly, and I sell one almost every day.

Support your local shops and things like this can be avoided, and if you don't have a local shop, make a relationship with a brick and mortar shop thru emails or over the phone, and I promise most of use are more interested in helping kiters than making money.

How would you rate Cabrinhas quality and customer service.. looks like you carry lots of brands.
Cabrinha Quality is top notch. My first kite was a Cabrinha back in 2007, and its still at the beach as I sold it to a friend. Are there the occasional defect and problem, yes. And I do carry a lot of brands and I see it occasionally with all of them.

When it comes to Customer service, I can't comment, because when my customers come to me with a problem, I'm the one providing the customer service. My customers never talk with Cabrinha, Slingshot, North, Wainaman, or anyone else. Its my job to do that.

Now I can comment that anytime I have an issue with Cabrinha, they have always helped me take care of the customer. I also attribute that to some of the great people working for them, Damien being one of them. ( and you too Brent and JT!)

When a customer goes to the manufacturer for an issue, they do not know you from Adam's cat. And trust me they get a lot of bogus calls and people trying to get one over on them.

When my customer comes to me with a problem, Cabrinha asks me what they should do, and rely on me to be the buffer for what is legitimate and what is not. "Yes his kite ripped in two, right after he crashed it on a channel marker..."

Guys, kite boarding shops don't make a fortune for anyone, but these guys are the ones who help you out, more than most people would ever know. I can't say how many times I've have let guys use my personal kites while there's was being repaired, or let guys borrow boards and harnesses that they forgot or just wanted to squeeze a ride in on their way home.

This thread may have taken a turn, but in my opinion no customer should be able to say anything negative or positive about a manufacturers customer service, but we should be hearing that this or that shop, and I would be willing to guaranty that 99% of shops out there provide great customer service. I don't go to Wal-mart and buy something, then when I don't like it call Sony for an exchange. Most of these complaints are online orders from who knows and are upset because the good deal they thought they had didn't work out. I could be wrong, but when I see someone unhappy that is usually the case.

Support the local shops guys, and there would be a lot less of these threads in my mind.

Hello, I'm a Cabrinha fan , since six years ago I only use Cabrinha SB and crossbow , So I I'm so familiarized with this models from different years .

the conclusions are :
turning 8.5/ 10
control 9/10
Weak low end 6/ 10
relaunching 9.5 /10
Kite Power 5/10
Pump 10/10

Its not acceptable modify a new kite out of the box . Tried all the "tricks". B setting, tying a knot in the bridal, etc. Thats absurd to have to Jerry rig a new kite outta the box.

The fact cab has factory videos instructing people to do this openly admits that they screwed up in the QC dept.

The 2013 Switchblade was changed This came at a cost to the stability in the low end of the range , it has no power on low range and less power on the rest of the range. Compared to other years !!!!!

I don't mind the premium price, but certainly expect premium function and service.

First , they told me to try this ans that .... Then the say there is no way to change this unless they wait for the 2014 Switchblade for an exchange ... BS .... Now they don not want exchange the kite !!!!

Thank you

hausmex
Rare Poster

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:So you buy a kite that you did not test! Did not like much and now you want them to give you a new one...OMG!!! Kites are different EVERY year, there was nothing wrong with your kite!!!!
Cabrinha for Switchblade in 2013 when for lighter bar pressure, faster turning and awesome depower.
All the people I know who bought them they really like the kite....
It was also explained pretty well in their web site and brochure too... AND in the many test that were posted... You should have done your homework before buying the kite!!!

For 2014 they went back to a more powerful kite like was asked by the market.
I really don't see what this have to do with customer service..
Bye Jankie

the conclusions are :
turning 8.5/ 10
control 9/10
Weak low end 6/ 10
relaunching 9.5 /10
Kite Power 5/10
Pump 10/10

Thank you

hausmex
Rare Poster

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

tr3v wrote:Cabrinha customer service sucks, but you can't blame them for buying the wrong kite.

I have had every Switchblade since they started. The 2013 was the worst experience (10m was like the previous year's 9m), but the 2014 is awesome!

Totally agree with you ! But the client do not have to pay for QC mistakes ! They should accept to replace this kite

hausmex
Rare Poster

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10 pm

wetdog wrote:
kitesurfbali wrote:So you buy a kite that you did not test! Did not like much and now you want them to give you a new one...OMG!!! Kites are different EVERY year, there was nothing wrong with your kite!!!!
Cabrinha for Switchblade in 2013 when for lighter bar pressure, faster turning and awesome depower.
All the people I know who bought them they really like the kite....
It was also explained pretty well in their web site and brochure too... AND in the many test that were posted... You should have done your homework before buying the kite!!!

For 2014 they went back to a more powerful kite like was asked by the market.
I really don't see what this have to do with customer service..
Bye Jankie
+1

Stop being a crybaby and deal with the fact that you bought a kite that is completely fine, just doesn't suit your specific needs.

FFS, what is this, a whine-forum???

I don't mind the premium price, but certainly expect premium function and service

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm

So, it looks like you where happy with the kite except for the low end, as you rated it very high on everything else, which any shop would have told you the low end was less on the 2013.

I'm not sure how you can judge the low end if your flying the kite in 23 knots.

Here is my question, when you rode the kite and you were unhappy with it, did you immediately try to return it to where you bought it?

This is what should have happened I believe. Once you flew the kite and didn't like it you should have been able to return it for store credit, and then purchase something else or wait to use it on the next year model.

Why did you hang onto the kite until now if you didn't like it? This should have been solved in May. As a shop I wouldn't trade a 2013 for a 2014 after you have had it for 5 months. The Shop would take a huge loss considering the 2013's are 25% off now brand new, and your giving the shop a used kite that is worth decidedly less. Did you only use it once or have you used it for the summer season?

I will agree that yes it was not right last year to ask customers to change the kite settings out of the box. But I have ridden the 9m Switchblade, and I weight 140lbs, and I honestly had no issues with the lack of power, and I have ridden that kite as low as 16mph, which for a 9m is not bad.

The only size that we really noticed the lack of power was the 14m.

hausmex
Rare Poster

Postby hausmex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:32 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:So, it looks like you where happy with the kite except for the low end, as you rated it very high on everything else, which any shop would have told you the low end was less on the 2013.

Here is my question, when you rode the kite and you were unhappy with it, did you immediately try to return it to where you bought it?

This is what should have happened I believe. Once you flew the kite and didn't like it you should have been able to return it for store credit, and then purchase something else or wait to use it on the next year model.

Why did you hang onto the kite until now if you didn't like it? This should have been solved in May. As a shop I wouldn't trade a 2013 for a 2014 after you have had it for 5 months. The Shop would take a huge loss considering the 2013's are 25% off now brand new, and your giving the shop a used kite that is worth decidedly less. Did you only use it once or have you used it for the summer season?

I will agree that yes it was not right last year to ask customers to change the kite settings out of the box. But I have ridden the 9m Switchblade, and I weight 140lbs, and I honestly had no issues with the lack of power, and I have ridden that kite as low as 16mph, which for a 9m is not bad.

The kite was tested on different wind conditions from 15 to 23 knots , I Immediately report to the store , and they reported to the Cabrinha Team , First , they told me to try this ans that .... Then they say there is no way to change this unless I wait for the 2014 Switchblade .. BS .... Now they do not want exchange the kite !!!!

The fact cab has factory videos instructing people to do this openly admits that they screwed up in the QC

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

hausmex wrote:...So this is what you can expect form Cabrinha
Thank you
thanks hausmex,

you did right telling about your experience on KF. now forum users have the opportunity to avoid disappointment selecting new gear, or at least know where to look when purchasing it.
this is just shows the typical kiteboarding brands patronizing attitude towards their customers.
and for that brands have their small armies of reps and team riders.
after all they must to earn their 50% of the kite gear price...

now you see their usual behavioral pattern:
-first deny the problem (first time we heard of it, never happened to me)
-then try to discredit the the guy who bring up the problem (are you a beginner? may be you are just trolling?)
-after that start to glorify products of the brand (yesterday i had a blast on this kite and i just love its colours! i just love how it flaps its cloth in the gusts!)

for me it is incredible that even rider your weight has the trouble with this kite. for heavier rider like me this kite would be useful only as the disposable 2000$ bicycle cover.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:49 pm

hausmex wrote:
OceanAdventures wrote:So, it looks like you where happy with the kite except for the low end, as you rated it very high on everything else, which any shop would have told you the low end was less on the 2013.

The kite was tested on different wind conditions from 15 to 23 knots , I Immediately report to the store , and they reported to the Cabrinha Team , First , they told me to try this ans that .... Then they say there is no way to change this unless I wait for the 2014 Switchblade .. BS .... Now they do not want exchange the kite !!!!

The fact cab has factory videos instructing people to do this openly admits that they screwed up in the QC
Your issue is with your local shop sir, not Cabrinha. Having not good low end is not a problem with the kite, its a function of the design. People wanted lighter bar pressure, and unfortunately that design took away from the kites low end. The video fix was a was to get a little more power out of the kite. Many people use this kite with no issues and without tweaking anything. There is nothing wrong with your kite. Its a 2013 Switchblade. I agree that I wouldn't straight exchange a 2013 for a new 2014. That's like being upset with the horsepower of a car, using it for 5 months, then asking the dealer to trade if for a new 2014 model. If you didn't like the kite you should have traded it in on the spot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”