Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

monk or hadlow. help please

Forum for kitesurfers
wrogu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: monk or hadlow. help please

Postby wrogu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 am

New hadlow mk2 (2014) has been tweaked a bit. Seems bit beefier, heavier, less flexy in the tips, with a bit less rocker (around 4cm) - when board is on the ground midsection is few mm above the ground (unlike old mk2). I die to try it :) as mk2 was great! I would go for hadlow, just try it :)

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)
Has thanked: 0

Postby MikeBirt » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 pm

anyway - if you are looking at a hadlow, should you not also be looking at an ultrasonic, it's far more freestyle capable than the monk, and quite a few are now choosing it for aggressive free ridng too..
http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfin ... 9&start=15

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 am

Spent a good week on the new ultrasonic back to back with a super shin (and I used to ride the monk a couple of years back). Very different board to the normal line up, a lot of rail grip that pushes back at you giving you immediate feedback...and that back foot stamp load and pop freestylers look for. And yet it has the usual smooth forgiving shinn feel. Landings are stupidly soft, even coming in real hot. Having smashed my ankles over the years this was a welcome relief.

Useable in the ocean as well due to the shinn flex, rocker, design etc. really shines on the flat.

If you want to progress into freestyle or even powered freeride but don't want a 'hard' feel, this is worth investigating.

Its not quite what I'm looking for personally but that can't take away from what it can offer to those that want what is described above. Not sure why we are comparing the monk and hadlow now, the US and hadlow is where the discussion should reside.

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot Shinn

Postby letsgoflyakite » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Lives2fly wrote:Shinn boards look like they were made in the 1950's - by someone's mum.... and since there are a lot of other great boards out there that don't...

Get a Naish Monarch or a CF Raptor Pro Ltd
Your right. Looks are always an indication of performance, and should be your priority.......

Return to “Kitesurfing”