Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Patrick Blanc - 7th Place PKRA Pingtan

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 am

Ozone News:

Patrick Blanc - 7th Place PKRA Pingtan

1 ozone.png
1 ozone.png (145.38 KiB) Viewed 785 times
The first Stop in China started well for me!!

Since we arrived in Pintang (China), we had wind every day and big waves. The spot is very nice because you have nice kickers and flat spots between waves.

From early in the morning the wind blows strong for my 8 or 10m Catalyst.

The first day we had the single elimination, it didn’t start good for me because I lost against Liam Whaley, he was ripping and I didn’t have a good heat. But, I’m happy about my riding during the double elimination on the 3rd day of the PKRA in Pingtan, I had a great first heat against Reno Romeu with my 10m Catalyst. In the 3rd round I rode badly because I was stressed before that heat, the wind dropped just before the heat and I went out on 12m but when I started the wind picked up so I was way too over powered, I still managed to land some good tricks to go to the next round. Then after a break of 30min I had a battle against the x11 World Champion Aaron Hadlow where I had a great heat landed a 2X S1 and a nice BJ5 with the kite low but didn’t made it through…

Little bit disappointed about it but happy with my riding, I’ll keep training hard and let’s see how the other stop in Haikou (China) goes!!

Check out Patrick ripping in the Ozone Catalyst product video

Return to “Kitesurfing”