Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My Home Depot kite pump

Forum for kitesurfers
TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: My Home Depot kite pump

Postby TheJoe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 pm

sijandy wrote:
poools81 wrote:lazy but smart, funny how everyone thinks pumping a kite is a great workout, try taking a jog much better then pumping a kite besides kiting is way less of a workout then surfing, running, biking etc
Your obviously not pushing yourself enough then.... I ache all over and am generally f****d for a day or 2 after a decent session.

I've had this argument numerous times with my non-kiting mates, they all go to the gym 3/4/5 times a week and get pissed off when they see me with less body fat than they have when i probably get out on average once maybe twice a week and i always argue that it doesn't matter how much you go or how good the equipment is you simply cannot recreate the stresses and strains the body goes through from a kite in the gym! That and going to the gym is s***!
I don't think you know how to work out in the gym properly for any true results. All so everyone has a different metabolism which has a huge effect on body fat. You don't control weight with exercise you control it with diet. That goes for both muscle mass and fat.

I switched to kiting because my body can't handle the stress of my workouts any more. Plus kiting is more fun than the treadmill.

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby flybykite » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Nice pump dood! Thanks for sharing your mod.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm

TheJoe wrote:
sijandy wrote:
poools81 wrote:lazy but smart, funny how everyone thinks pumping a kite is a great workout, try taking a jog much better then pumping a kite besides kiting is way less of a workout then surfing, running, biking etc
Your obviously not pushing yourself enough then.... I ache all over and am generally f****d for a day or 2 after a decent session.

I've had this argument numerous times with my non-kiting mates, they all go to the gym 3/4/5 times a week and get pissed off when they see me with less body fat than they have when i probably get out on average once maybe twice a week and i always argue that it doesn't matter how much you go or how good the equipment is you simply cannot recreate the stresses and strains the body goes through from a kite in the gym! That and going to the gym is s***!
I don't think you know how to work out in the gym properly for any true results. All so everyone has a different metabolism which has a huge effect on body fat. You don't control weight with exercise you control it with diet. That goes for both muscle mass and fat.

I switched to kiting because my body can't handle the stress of my workouts any more. Plus kiting is more fun than the treadmill.
Obviously not as i don't go to the gym. So your suggesting with the correct knowledge i can recreate my kite sessions in a gym...bolox, so what piece of equipment could put my body through the equivalent of a powered kiteloop with a big crash??

clif37
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Pierce FL
Gear: North

Postby clif37 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:08 pm

I also windsurf . If it is over 20 knots I often prefer windsurfing. Way more workout than kiting IMHO. At least for me in big wave in the ocean. I also can't get a workout in the gym equal to in the ocean. I would have heat stroke. Something about pulling up on the pump really aggravates a disk problem I have in my back. The Ryobi pump is slow but mainly because of the inflate valve on my north kites. If I was in a hurry I could do the low pressure inflate through the deflate valve and that would be much quicker. You can set the pressure maximum on the Ryobi pump so you can do other things like lay out your lines while it is pumping without worry. After reading the posts I am also now looking for someone to deflate and roll up my kite if any one wants to apply for the position. I need to start taking my lazy streak much more seriously!

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 am

clif37 wrote:"injured or not , you're still lazy"

Well if I do something so I can ride all day instead of having to go home after the kite is inflated I seem to get a much better workout. I spent 6 months in a wheelchair on oxygen. I was really lazy then! I never even walked anywhere. Two doctors told me I would never walk again. The not being lazy was what I did to be able to walk again. I doubt you would be able to work that hard. To do something that makes it hard to kite would be ignorant since I love the sport and the ocean. Thinking that you know what someone should do is also ignorant. That is a lot harder to fix than lazy.
Just yanking your chain. Nothing wrong with a little innovation. Let us know when you'll be selling them. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”