Forum for kitesurfers
BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash
Brand Affiliation: None

2012 Naish Momentum

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 am

I was told by a shop that the 2012 Naish Momentum (134cm) is a very slow board due to the rocker and thickness, is this true ? How would you rate the speed in flat water and chop, out of 10 ?... Considering it for a freestyle board in choppy conditions but really hate slow boards.

thanks

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2012 Naish Momentum

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 am

BillyGoatGruff wrote:I was told by a shop that the 2012 Naish Momentum (134cm) is a very slow board due to the rocker and thickness, is this true ? How would you rate the speed in flat water and chop, out of 10 ?... Considering it for a freestyle board in choppy conditions but really hate slow boards.

thanks
I think it is a fun board. Good mix if ease of use and control. I think I can understand what they mean..it is a bit wide and when you hit high speeds it is a bit harder to load for jumps...however...it definitely depends is a fun board.
It is fun in chop and flat for sure.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 am

so whats it like for ripping fast and boosting ?.. Seems more slanted to slow and powered wakestyle unhooked pop.

thanks

baobob
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush Razor 11, Hadlow pro 9&7,
Tona Pop 138
Trampa modified deck titanium trucks
Has thanked: 0

Postby baobob » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 am

Hi,
I had a Momentum last year and i don't think it's slow at all. There are faster boards but even much slower. Finally the rocker it's not so extreme.

But what are you looking for? wakestyle, freestyle, airstyle?

A friend of mine has the 2012 and he does freestyle-freeride mostly hooked and he's very happy with it.

To (try to) do wakestyle I prefer the Tona Pop due to really soft landing and I found it the best board on chop.

Ciao

Return to “Kitesurfing”