Kiteus Polaris
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South Sweden
Gear: Blade
Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Blade Kiteboarding has a brand new kite - Mist

Postby Kiteus Polaris » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:29 am

Westozzy wrote:I have happened to ride the new mist (lol go figure some of might say). The iksurfmag review is pretty spot on to be honest with you. It packs a lot of power, especially in the loops, nearly ripped my bloody rib cage out!! Accelerates all the way through the loop and gives you a huge yank, but once you have got your head around the power delivery you can always be sure the kite will get above your head again. Real constant pull and predictable. It also boosts real big for freeride hooked in boosting, although being a C kite it won't hang you up there unless you are ready to pull the loop trigger (some of you might get the play on words there).

It's a real fun kite loaded with some serious power and as the review said is not for the beginner. Infact if I can be honest the loops were too powerful for me, although that is because my body won't take too many extreme loop crashes anymore.

To those that want to lock and load it's awesome. It's kind of a freeride/freestyle kite..although I'm certain it's not a kite that will blow you away in the waves...some more on the freestyle side of the spectrum.

Worth a look hey for some powered flat water sessions. Don't eat too much before your session as I did...lol
Thanks for filling in some more info! Yeah, read somewhere (SB forum?) that you had already tried it. That one too... :thumb:
Hmmmm... Was planning to use it for some wave riding as well but not great drift then? At least seems to turn fast!

Return to “Kitesurfing”