All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Inflation Valve
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm 
Frequent Poster

Seb,

you forgot to mention us as a source of Cabrinha valves! ;)

http://drtuba.eu/StickIT-Bladder-System/VALVES/StickIT-Adhesive-Valves.html (We have all Cabrinha like valves on stock), also we have now on stock the big twist valves like Ozone, new RRD and some other brands are using now. New twist valves can replace also Liqud Force max-flow ones if needed. They are available only on extra large adhesive base. PM me if needed!

PS: in case of valve leaking be sure that you clean sealing circle.

:bye:

Séb wrote:
Dimitri,

First I am glad if you are seriously looking for a Boston valve! If you use the model like on the previous pictures you need an adaptor that will screw on the valve to correctly inflate it. Otherwise the hose will not hold correctly. An adaptor like in this picture below :

But you can use a better valve that require no adaptor at all, the hose just connect directly to the valve and voila ! Works like a charm.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

austroKiter wrote:
Has anyone tried replacing the regular dump valve of their kite with a valve like this? http://www.airtimekite.com/index.php/ai ... t-gen.html

I wonder if I can upgrade my Slingshot/Airush/OR kites with this valve, since I really hate the small inflation valves.

no wind today and an extra valve hanging around... figured i'd give my 11.5 kahoona a go ... so far so good!

Attachments:
kahoona valve.jpg
kahoona valve.jpg [ 45.82 KIB | Viewed 435 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

@ Gigi;) : If you look carefully you will see that what you sell is not the same valve. Myself I am a Cabrinha (and few others brand) dealers and the one we have actually are exactly like the one you post in your pictures but theses require an adaptor. The new Cab 2013/14 valves are different and do not require any special adaptor which is why I say they are the best. Right now I can't get theses myself but soon I guess. So that is why I did mention only two stores that I found out after a Google search.

@Kamikuza : Yes you need to protect the canopy from the contact with the valve so either the canopy is protected with a patch or you use a neoprene cover like in Dimitri's picture pages before.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Darippah
Did you have to enlarge the hole by cutting around it or did it just fit?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

I was going to ask the same question because it is difficult to see from the picture due to a bad focus. But it certainly looks like it was enlarge. Just take care with this, you need to make a perfect hole of the right size. I know some guys who do it with a cutting part that is heated to cut and seal at the same time (hot punch). But there are some rubber gasket that are sold exactly for this purpose. It goes inside the kite and keep the bladder away in case your hole is slightly too large. Because you really don't want to see the bladder coming out (even slightly) from the enlarged hole or it will explode. So take care of your mods.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Séb wrote:
@ Gigi;) : If you look carefully you will see that what you sell is not the same valve. Myself I am a Cabrinha (and few others brand) dealers and the one we have actually are exactly like the one you post in your pictures but theses require an adaptor. The new Cab 2013/14 valves are different and do not require any special adaptor which is why I say they are the best. Right now I can't get theses myself but soon I guess. So that is why I did mention only two stores that I found out after a Google search.

@Kamikuza : Yes you need to protect the canopy from the contact with the valve so either the canopy is protected with a patch or you use a neoprene cover like in Dimitri's picture pages before.

Actually it looks like he does have the airlock 2 valves...

http://drtuba.eu/Listing-Valves/VAAIR2/CABRINHA-2013-Airlock-2.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 pm 
Frequent Poster

Laughingman wrote:
Darippah
Did you have to enlarge the hole by cutting around it or did it just fit?

i cut out a larger hole to fit the bigger valve. It's not a perfect cut , but from first inflation there were no issues.

I wonder if I need to seal the hole better? as you can see from picture below, there's no worry of bladder sticking out since there is some margin for error built into the valve base

Attachments:
screw-valve.jpg
screw-valve.jpg [ 25.69 KIB | Viewed 375 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I doubt it will make a difference functionally, I would be more concerned with resale value.

I'm considering exchanging valves on my kites as valves fail, as they usually do after a few years. Just curious of how big the hole needs to be for these high flow valves. I'm a few years out still, but always thinking forward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 am 
Frequent Poster

Laughingman wrote:
Actually it looks like he does have the airlock 2 valves...

http://drtuba.eu/Listing-Valves/VAAIR2/CABRINHA-2013-Airlock-2.html

Thanks, I stand corrected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:08 am 
Frequent Poster

Seb, Cabrinha named these valves you're talking about as "Airlock". Version 1 needed an adapter but version 2, (the pic you've posted from our site), don't, because it's integrated.

The new even bigger twist valve also don't need the adapter, the biggest attachment on your pump hose fits in perfectly.

Séb wrote:

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next