Ocean Rodeo News:
Introducing the Ignite Drysuit
Loaded with expedition style features, the Ignite is designed to be worn for extended periods of time above and beyond a quick after work session. Whether you are kiting through winter, expedition SUP’ing, or testing your limits sailing across the Atlantic, the Ignite delivers the highest levels of comfort, durability and all weather marine protection, blurring the line between dry-suits and foul weather gear.
Featuring our revolutionary Captive Zip design (patent pending), the Ignite design has merged dry-suit water integrity with the comfort of traditional foul weather pant/jacket combinations. When worn in “full dry” mode, the Ignite is 100% dry – go ahead, jump in and play with the penguins.
If conditions back off or you’re taking a break between sessions, the Ignite is quickly converted to “standby mode” by unzipping the dry zip and removing the neck seal. With the neck off and the over jacket zipped up, the Ignite provides ventilation and protection on par with leading two piece pant / jacket foul weather gear ensembles. The unique dry zip design allows zipping and unzipping while wearing your PFD (always wear a PFD).
As added security we’ve added a “wader” belt at the waist to restrict water entry into the lower suit due to accidental submersion when worn in standby mode.
Other premium features include padded knees, removable neoprene lined hood with fast drainage design, attached soft socks, recoil Velcro cinches at wrists and ankles. The Ignite is fitted with a one- atmosphere jacket zip, storm cuffs and ankles and an ultra-high all weather collar.
- Stand-by, Foul Weather, or Full Dry-suit mode
- German made T-zip Masterseal main dry zip and relief zip.
- Captive over flap jacket zip, One atmosphere PK zip with stainless slider.
- Attached dry socks.
- Hand pockets, inside jacket flap stash pocket.
- 420 Denier abrasion overlays at knees, buttocks and crotch.
- Wrist overlays with Velcro cinch to seal gloves.
- Lower leg overlays with Velcro cinch to seal boots.
- Ultra-high all-weather collar, with hold down snaps.
- Reflective patches and piping.
- Captive Zip self entry, crotch relief zip and removable hood.
- Made with PROVEN salt water resistant dry suit specific waterproof breathable material. Now in our 8th year of using this fabric.
- Adjustable, removable suspenders.
- Trim to fit, Polytex neck and wrist seals – latex blended with PU for the best UV resistance and comfort.
The Ignite retails at $1049 and will begin shipping by December 31st, 2013