Epic kites and after-sales service

Forum for kitesurfers
flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby flyingweasel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Agreed, I've known a sailmaker for ten years, his shop is two miles down the road.
He's been racing boats and making sails since 1976.
He does have some interesting things to say about kite materials/construction and the hardware also.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tiago1973 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
I would also like to know the names of these "11" kite companies and the short cuts that they make????
Jakster4, UKSurf, Tiago1973 give me a call if you want to know about what short cuts most of these companies do take in order to save money and I will be happy to let you know the inside story but will not mention their name. You can find my number in our www.epickites.com web site or ask Mr.wytcap for my cell number since he knows it very well. But I won't reveal any of this on the internet.
So call me.
Thanks for the offer. But not sure about the consistency of making a generic remark on a public forum for then saying that details are best to be kept in a private conversation.

In any case can´t really get why replying to UKSurf question implies being disrespectful to others
what Epic does in their production and manufacturing that sets them apart?
Epic is either setting the benchmark on some details, or it is not. Let us know

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:19 am

SupaEZ wrote:Entertaining read with a beer in hand :beer: after sessions
Since that thread started i have had 8 days of kitesurfing
8 meter weather twice this week with head high surf
My year so far is fantastic with 208 days
Counting my blessings everyday
Spread the love
Life's short
:cheers:
:surf:
Im goin with SupaEZ :holiday: - I hear you dude, beer :cheers: & kiting :protest: .

Cheers :)

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

Dimitri Wrote:
I said: "most companies" that doesn't mean all the kite companies. For a fact I know 11 kite companies that do take short cuts to save money.
Big D
You may have to excuse me for not being as bright as you, I only speak one language and my understanding of your retarded statement is MOST means just that most, not a few, not a couple but MOST companies.
So reading your statement you are saying that most companies cut corners (YES or No or does MOST mean a FEW in Greek) If so than I stand corrected!.
I would say there are a few and sometimes at the factory there are substitutions that are sometimes not picked up.
But again I do not agree with the MOST in your statement.

We had a great session today about 15 kiters blowing 20-35mph after our session I conducted my own unscientific poll and asked everyone if they had any issues with their brand, premature wear, defective parts or issues, out of the 15 kiters on the water 1 had issue with his kite everyone else was 100% satisfied with the performance, durability and quality of their kites.
The majority of the kite were Cabrinaha's there were several Waimans, 2-Slingshots, 2-Windwings, 1 EPIC and 1 Airush.

1 in 15 was not satisfied with quality and performance and durability of his kite. or 6.6%
I would guess it may be 5-10% in real terms not 90%

X

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Im goin with SupaEZ :holiday: - I hear you dude, beer :cheers: & kiting :protest: .

Cheers :)
Thanks.....an other fun session in waves late this afternoon (#209)...+ an other great :beer:

Looking forward to ride my 6m2 and strapped 5'9" gun this coming Wednesday

Cheers to you 2 :cheers:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/cocoa_beach

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 am

I heard u packed up your kite with the lines ON in the Dark????

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 am

tautologies wrote:
soul19 wrote:Hey Taut,
You also seem to spend a lot of time on Epic threads and like to defend people that spew hate towards this brand. Call it a difference of opinions but trolling is trolling!
I am pretty learly never really commenting negatively on other things. I have no monetary interest in this...it just kind of gets to me when people try to push them selves up by putting other down...especially when is so clearly absolute BS.
You never commented negatively that's true, but that means also not revealing the negative sides of brands.
Especially who were the pioneers of the strutless from the past you were actually hiding the truth of insufficiencies and that's trolling :!:
Also putting other test flyers down who test flown those kites, what Now everybody knows it is a compromise at the end :alarm:
In a way I respect Dimitri because I know he's been testing the strutless,
but he is not releasing it yet because he knows the boosting and other attributes sucks and wouldn't want to loose his creditability :nono:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 am

Aummm wrote:You never commented negatively that's true, but that means also not revealing the negative sides of brands.
Especially who were the pioneers of the strutless from the past you were actually hiding the truth of insufficiencies and that's trolling :!:
Also putting other test flyers down who test flown those kites, what Now everybody knows it is a compromise at the end :alarm:
In a way I respect Dimitri because I know he's been testing the strutless,
but he is not releasing it yet because he knows the boosting and other attributes sucks and wouldn't want to loose his creditability :nono:
Good to see I can make you come out of retirement ;-)

I think you are a bit unfair. When D. says some brands choose to use inferior material he neglects to say that these choices are always tradeoffs...if it was always about getting the best product regardless of cost our kites would easily cost exponentially more to produce. I do agree to some extent, but I think is silly to blanket state it like that. Most brands I own and have owned Naish, BRM, Fone, Takoon..maybe North...all top notch quality. I have owned more that were maybe not as good at the premium segment..personally from how the kites look would place epic in the category under...but I don't really know enough about the kites to really make that statement.

In the same way I have never denied that kite design is also about making choices, about tradeoffs. I use the BRM for wave riding. I think I've only ever jumped my BRM strapless, and it jumps more than fine there...in the same manner when I wanted to boost with my TT today I took out my draft. I don't think that is misleading...and definitely not trolling. I still think the strutless kites are awesome and great waveriders..good range..insane drift....and if you really want an example of killer customer service you need not look any further than either BRM or Naish IMO.

capitan nemo
Medium Poster

Postby capitan nemo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 am

I could never understand why people feel the urge to talk bad on a post like this.

And to Dimitri and the Epic team all i can say is: Keep up the good work. seems like your customers are happy.

Return to “Kitesurfing”