Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic kites and after-sales service

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby tautologies » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I think you have read my post totally wrong tautologies . I am all about "quality" while most companies will try to save money by taking short cuts and don't care much about the end result. All they are interested is sell, sell, sell and make money. This is not the reason I started the EPIC kite company.
This is what I wrote on my previous post on page 3 in case you did not read properly. Or maybe I can write it again in French, Greek and Spanish. Just let me know.
Yeah maybe I have read your post wrong. In that case I am still reading it wrong because the way I see it you just did it again. Funny really...your customers post something that reflect really well on you, and you just invalidated it by being kind of a douche.

The number of languages you speak has little impact on your choice of material and how you try to put yourself in a good light by putting competitors down. :-?

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Annyywwaayy - back on topic Everyone - including myself...

Epics Australian dealer 'East Coast Kiteboarding' is doing a great job sending demos left right and centre - Ayers Rock is a great kite spot ;)
Theres some Kites been sent here to the Wild West that might be on a one way trip !!
That 10m LTDs gonna be interesting - ive been pestering Dimitri to make a cross between the Screamer & Renagade, from what KiteCulture said - he may have listened to his Customers requests... :)
Last edited by ShaveTheWhales on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Ha ha ha well one thing is for sure we are a passionate bunch.

Good old western problems...we all have enough food, water and shelter so we (including me, I'm no fucken saint) throw crossfire opinions over a forum.

Perspective hey...

All I can say is some of you seem to have have positive experiences, some not. Reckon that runs with every brand, retailer, etc etc.

But heck a few things come to my mind about our colourful Dimitri...

He produces worldwide distributed kites, boards and accessories ....I don't.

He can ride better than 99 percent of us...including me.

He makes a living out of his passion....I don't.

He makes himself vulnerable and open to such forums, not sure the CEO of north is doing this, do you...?

He always answers my emails I don't even fucken ride epic kites....ba ha ha ha...

Respect where it is deserved hey. Can you claim to have done any of this, I can't.

Wish I could. But I can't. Respect.

....now I'm about to have some breakfast, a coffee, take my kids to a park where they are safe (no wind gotta get some leave points back up, been a lot of wind lately, she's starting to get that weird female look on her face that says what was I thinking marrying you without saying it). Might take them to the beach for a swim, get the boy out on his surfboard, have some lunch, go and visit some friends...

Wow we have it hard.

Just fucken kites, come on!!
Last edited by Westozzy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I am all about "quality" while most companies will try to save money by taking short cuts and don't care much about the end result.
I think you are deluding yourself if you think most kite companies are into taking short cuts to save money and dont care about the end result :roll: Most brands seem to put ALOT of effort into producing the best product they can. Although I am sure your kites are well built I would be very surprised if they come close to the build quality on premium brands like Naish, Cabrinha, North or F-One. Even mid priced kites like Slingshot or cheap ones like Switch are very well built and I certainly havent got the impression they have taken shortcuts. I think you need to be more honest with yourself about the kites your competitors produce.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Westozzy wrote:Ha ha ha well one thing is for sure we are a passionate bunch. ........................................... Just fucken kites, come on!!
That's why I love you Eppo. :thumb:
Wish I had the opportunity to session with you on some sunny day. :respekt:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:35 am

Westozzy wrote:Ha ha ha well one thing is for sure we are a passionate bunch.

Good old western problems...we all have enough food, water and shelter so we (including me, I'm no fucken saint) throw crossfire opinions over a forum.

Perspective hey...

All I can say is some of you seem to have have positive experiences, some not. Reckon that runs with every brand, retailer, etc etc.

But heck a few things come to my mind about our colourful Dimitri...

He produces worldwide distributed kites, boards and accessories ....I don't.

He can ride better than 99 percent of us...including me.

He makes a living out of his passion....I don't.

He makes himself vulnerable and open to such forums, not sure the CEO of north is doing this, do you...?

He always answers my emails I don't even fucken ride epic kites....ba ha ha ha...

Respect where it is deserved hey. Can you claim to have done any of this, I can't.

Wish I could. But I can't. Respect.

....now I'm about to have some breakfast, a coffee, take my kids to a park where they are safe (no wind gotta get some leave points back up, been a lot of wind lately, she's starting to get that weird female look on her face that says what was I thinking marrying you without saying it). Might take them to the beach for a swim, get the boy out on his surfboard, have some lunch, go and visit some friends...

Wow we have it hard.

Just fucken kites, come on!!
I hope you tribute more respect towards your kids than you do here in this forum with your F-word.
Remember- this is a public forum which is read by kids and ladies as well.
Using that F-word once in a while is most likely ok for everybody. But read how many times you used it above and in the other posting you just made:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2382483&p=816718#p816718

Having a bad day or was that just part of your education?
Have a good Sunday there in the park.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

Hey Taut,

At what point did I refer that kiterjames is gay??? I did say that he has a man crush on Dimitri and that is a reference to an unhealthy obsession with someone. It does get tiring watching people come onto these threads and just bash other companies and it is fair to say that you do the same thing when people reference Naish. I have no vested interest outside that I own a 3G screamer 10M LTD and it is a great kite…. probably one my favourite kites that I have used in such a long time. I have owned many different kites and can say that I some have been better than others. I currently use Ozone, North, Epic kites and enjoy them all. You also seem to spend a lot of time on Epic threads and like to defend people that spew hate towards this brand. Call it a difference of opinions but trolling is trolling!

James (my actual name and not a internet handle)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 am

Just to weigh in on the pressure topic and the quality topic.... I pump my renegades to 8 psi and they work perfectly at that pressure....
As far as,quality goes ... We sold our two cab switch blades because one the canopy material sucked and two the valves continually leaked unless you were very careful to keep them spotlessly clean from sand. Manageable but a pita
This is in addition to the greater bar pressure and poor relaunch in comparison to the renegades.
Epic kites ...specifically the 3g11 and 4g are as good and/or better then any kites out there. Definitely better then cabs based on the wear of the canopy material alone.
This is my personal experience... When you throw in the incredible customer service from Epic it's was a no brainier for us.
Cheers
Pete

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:05 am

Entertaining read with a beer in hand :beer: after sessions
Since that thread started i have had 8 days of kitesurfing
8 meter weather twice this week with head high surf
My year so far is fantastic with 208 days
Counting my blessings everyday
Spread the love
Life's short
:cheers:
:surf:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:23 am

soul19 wrote:Hey Taut,

At what point did I refer that kiterjames is gay??? I did say that he has a man crush on Dimitri and that is a reference to an unhealthy obsession with someone. It does get tiring watching people come onto these threads and just bash other companies and it is fair to say that you do the same thing when people reference Naish. I have no vested interest outside that I own a 3G screamer 10M LTD and it is a great kite…. probably one my favourite kites that I have used in such a long time. I have owned many different kites and can say that I some have been better than others. I currently use Ozone, North, Epic kites and enjoy them all. You also seem to spend a lot of time on Epic threads and like to defend people that spew hate towards this brand. Call it a difference of opinions but trolling is trolling!

James (my actual name and not a internet handle)
No worries. I am not really that invested in the topic. The guy has about 10 posts...how can that shown an unhealthy obsession with anyone?

Also it is absolutely net fair to say I do the same.
I disagree 100% that I do the same. I don't comment on kites I have not tried ever...or even seen.
Even when people ask about kites I have tried shortly I don't even comment like that. I have also owned kites from best, liquidforce, north, fone, and others...kites I have owned from other brands that I did not like I have never really said anything bad about. Read it next time....I am pretty learly never really commenting negatively on other things. I have no monetary interest in this...it just kind of gets to me when people try to push them selves up by putting other down...especially when is so clearly absolute BS.

The funny thing is that this thread was about how good D. is at treating people and it took him about 5 words to disprove it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”