windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby windsuks » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
I will agree that Dimitri says too much, he is proud of his gear and works harder than 99% of other humans to bring the best gear he can to market, he is too open about telling things exactly the way he sees them, and would sometimes do well to not be so open and honest about what he feels and what he knows.
But most people who have dealt with him can easily look past this quirk, and really enjoy his massive enthusiasm.
And those that like the way his Epic kites fly, are left feeling flat with most other kites.
Enjoy what you fly and try to be positive. :thumb:
I agree whole heatedly with the above!
His enthusiasm simply gets him in deeper, at least on the forums! :lol:
When you meet the guy in person it is way easier to see past this and also see his genuine passion and belief in all things Epic....and it's infectious too!

ps only yesterday we had a small query about the retro fit for the bars, I messaged D and immediately had a reply, a few minutes later he also sent a quick video to further show/explain for our customer. I in turn was also able to reply to our customer...within just minutes...sorted!
It's so cool to be able to get things sorted so quickly, even across the Atlantic.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm

For me the biggest issue with after sales service in the kitesurf industry is the availability of replacement parts. This is something I would not be at all surprised if a smaller brands like Epic are better at than some of the larger brands. The amount of trouble I have had trying to get replacement parts on bars that are only 1 year old is ridiculous.

The danger of the over hyping of his brand by Dmitri is that people may more easily become disappointed/critical of the kites if they dont live upto their expectations. With all the hype I have read if I tried an Epic kite and it wasnt miles better than anything else I have flown (which is extremely unlikely) I would probably be dismissive of it rather than thinking that it was a fairly good kite and looking at its positive aspects.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Agreed - Fair enough to be excited, get the kites out there and known...
"Now they are Known". Time to Humble ones self - let the followers and kites do their own talking on the Forums !
But keep offering awesome customer service and making those fun videos.. :)

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 am

Shave the Friggin Whales wrote:
Agreed - Fair enough to be excited, get the kites out there and known...
"Now they are Known". Time to Humble ones self - let the followers and kites do their own talking on the Forums !
But keep offering awesome customer service and making those fun videos..
WOW.... Nice words of Wisdom.... Spot on...

X

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm

You are correct ShaveTheWhales, as you can see we have a lot of followers talking highly about the EPIC kites. The person who started this thread is a good example. Why do you think I am so open to the public with all these demos I send world wide!!!! That is because I have nothing to hide and I know the EPIC kites talk for them selves. All I am asking is for the kiters to take the time and demo the kites and the haters will become lovers.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

What camera are you running. If its Gopro how the hell are you stopping it from fogging?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:36 pm

What camera are you running. If its Gopro how the hell are you stopping it from fogging?
Hello s1buell_wl,
Yes the camera I use to do all these videos is the Gopro but it does fog up 80% of the time I am out there. So in order to defog it, I have to open the box every 5 to 10 minutes depending the environment.
Some times I go to the beach and open the box to air out and sometimes I do it while kiting (not a good idea by the way since I lost few of them like that). I have tried everything to make sure it doesn't fog up but never had any success.
Attachments
Dimitri in action filming for EPIC attack 5.jpg
Dimitri filming.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm

LOL ok

I gave up like many others here. Another nice toy that does not work!!!

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm

At the end of the day either people are going to like the product or they will not. Things can only be hyped to a certain point till the reports start filing in and the product is exposed for what it is! I was very skeptical about buying the screamer 3G 10M Ltd and if it wasn't for the fact that I picked up the kite for so cheap I would still not have tried an Epic kite! My first impression is that the kite was well made and the bar looked fine. Once I had the kite in the air it was apparent that this kite was going to be very reactive and quick! Once that days session was over I was tired but very happy that I had gotten such a good kite for such a great deal. I travel a lot and this is going to be my one kite quiver when I am trying to keep weight down on the plane. The more that I ride this kite, the happier I am with the overall performance! I really have no desire to change up this kite for the 4G one but granted I have not tried it. Dimitri has been in contact and wants to send one out so that he can part some money from me in the very near future! If that isn't someone that goes beyond for potential customers than I don't know what good service is! With all things being equal I find it hard to not want to invest my hard earned dollars into a company that takes an active interest into what I think. Show me another company that does that.... now that is something that goes beyond the so called over hyping that this company is accused of!

James

Now off to the beach for a balmy 37F session on the 10M Ltd. Good fun, no worries!

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby flyingweasel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”