westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby soul19 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:01 pm

It all comes down to the time of year and how many kites are on the market! This time of year is the best time to pick any kite up for cheap! The kites that I can buy at rock bottom prices are the LF envy. Is that to say they are an inferior kite and that nobody wants them (they seem to be well recieved and people like to ride them)? It seems that certain brands will saturate the used market and than you can hardly find one! I did buy my screamer for a great deal (very good deal) but it was from a guy that was leaving the sport altogether.... his loss equalled my gain! The Epic kites seem to hold there prices well in my area and the only kites that I have noticed that sell at the higher end are Wainman and Ozone (all that I can say is for what I have seen). I for one, would not hesitate to buy from a smaller brand as they are very consumer driven! Big companies sell by name (which is earned) but don't have that grass roots feel to it (not that any kite company is really that big in the true sense). It is fun to watch these companies grow and be part of that process.... and it helps that the product is competitive. Switch kites are another company that seems to be doing something right as well and I would also love to see how their kites perform. It is a great time to be a kiter with so many good brands and exciting kites to fly.... now to just find more ways to demo all these kites without having to buy them!!

James

As for 2010/2011 kites ... none of those kites retain their value and all seem to be in the lower price range! Great for people starting out or putting a kite into the quiver for that one size that doesn't get used a whole lot.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Dimitri M wrote: So if you spend time and do some research you will see that the list goes on with very cheap prices on used kites.
I have sold quite a few second hand kites over the years so look at the market quite a bit. I can tell you for a fact that if you try to sell a smaller brand that people dont know you are going to have to sell it at a bigger discount at the end of the season. I have never seen an Epic kite being sold on any forum in the UK (and no I dont think that is because people love them so much they dont want to sell them :wink: ). But from looking at the market for other smaller brands I would be lucky to get £350 for a one year old Epic kite in good condition complete with bar, which is what I sold my Switch Element for in virutally new condition (but only paid £500 new for it). A similar kite from a brand like Slingshot like an RPM (which has a similar retail to Epic) would be more like £550 and be alot easier to find a buyer for.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Well Mr. tautologies it all depends on him if he wants me to post it or not on the forum. I always ask before posting something for the public to see. And I always hide their names if asked to do so. But in this situation I don't see why post something like that. This is between him and me.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with?
:thumb:
...it was more a tongue in cheek referring to the times you have identified someone and posted their emails and names on the forum. No matter. Have at it.
Last edited by tautologies on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Well UKSurf I can't dispute what sells in your area but here you couldn't buy a 3G Epic kite for less than $700 complete. Granted the older kites are in the $400 range but they don't come complete and that is the same as any other brand out there. You will always have one or two sellers who sell at a huge discount and that has nothing to do with what the kites value is. It stems more to a quick sale and money in hand to offset the new gear coming in! Visa seems to sponsor a lot of riders in my area.... what about yours :thumb:

James

jakster4
Rare Poster

Postby jakster4 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Concerning the resale value of the EPIC product….You must be doing something wrong because I have plenty of customers looking to buy used EPIC products. For example I sold a used OXYGEN V1 board 3 days ago for $405 + shipping. This board has been used at least 30 times.
I have a Droid 3G and Screamer 9M I have been trying to sell for months. Not one has even been interested. I've put them on the classifieds and ebay. Anyone looking for a board or 9m?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:28 pm

UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: So if you spend time and do some research you will see that the list goes on with very cheap prices on used kites.
I have sold quite a few second hand kites over the years so look at the market quite a bit. I can tell you for a fact that if you try to sell a smaller brand that people dont know you are going to have to sell it at a bigger discount at the end of the season. I have never seen an Epic kite being sold on any forum in the UK (and no I dont think that is because people love them so much they dont want to sell them :wink: ). But from looking at the market for other smaller brands I would be lucky to get £350 for a one year old Epic kite in good condition complete with bar, which is what I sold my Switch Element for in virutally new condition (but only paid £500 new for it). A similar kite from a brand like Slingshot like an RPM (which has a similar retail to Epic) would be more like £550 and be alot easier to find a buyer for.
We have sold on our ex demo kites very well here in the UK and we keep getting asked when we are selling our next ones.
Also some of our customers have got good money also including this one listed on our forum but sold for £550 as Buy It Now on Ebay back in the summer.

http://blast.forumotion.com/t2186-11-me ... enegade-3g

Anytime you'd like to demo one UKSurf just let us know! :thumb:
Happy Xmas everyone :D

jakster4
Rare Poster

Postby jakster4 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:52 pm

windsuks wrote:
UKSurf wrote:
We have sold on our ex demo kites very well here in the UK and we keep getting asked when we are selling our next ones.
Also some of our customers have got good money also including this one listed on our forum but sold for £550 as Buy It Now on Ebay back in the summer.

http://blast.forumotion.com/t2186-11-me ... enegade-3g

Anytime you'd like to demo one UKSurf just let us know! :thumb:
Happy Xmas everyone :D

Well here in the USA... no one is buying used epic gear...

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Jackass stop jacking off again... Its Christmas ;)

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:14 pm

So you know for certain that nobody in the US buys used Epic gear! Glad to see that you aren't bais at all! I heard to used ford trucks all catch on fire if you drive them in reverse!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 am

I have a Droid 3G and Screamer 9M I have been trying to sell for months. Not one has even been interested. I've put them on the classifieds and ebay. Anyone looking for a board or 9m?
Obviously you must be doing something wrong jakster4, because I have no problem selling my used/demo epic gear at all. If you want, I can sell your EPIC gear for you. All you have to do is send me an email with what you have for sell and how much you want, and will do my best to sell it for you. But since I have no time because of all the work I have, I will put you in touch with the buyer and you will go from there. All the money you make will be yours, I don't want any.
Now that is what I call "epic customer service".
M e r r y - C h r i s t m a s .
Attachments
Santa Dimitri giving gifts away.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”