All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Epic kites and after-sales service
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I've never pumped an Epic kite, or any other kite, to 11 psi.
I owned the exact kite models, year and sizes that Caesar is forever whining about...zero problems with them and I pumped them to 9 psi, no flying problems and no durability issues...at all.
Every company other than North suggests you pump their kites hard, including Wainman who has massive leading edge diameters.
The only kites that I've seen that don't hold shape properly are the Ozone Catalyst (and pre Catalyst) the Switch Nitro V1, every other kite I've ever owned held proper shape at 9 psi and less.

As far as the valves go, two of my local pals fly C4's and the screw on valves have given them trouble.
Another local had trouble with his Cabrinhas and went to another brand.
I had no trouble with the Screamer 14M proto kite that had the screw on valve, and I had that kite for eight months.
Like Westozzy said, it depends on who is using the valve.
The cost of the regular 9mm inflation valve at retail is $11.95 USD, the screw on valve at retail is $13.95 USD.
Epic's choice to use the standard valve is clearly not an economic one.

Some locals in Alexeys area have indicated he changes kites all the time and is never satisfied with anything, his posts seems to support their indications.
He dumped his Ozone kites because he "did not like the direction the company was going in", not anything about the kite itself. whiney, whiney, whiney. :roll:

The Epic kite bag is the nicest kitebag of any I've ever had and I've has bags from at least nine different companies.
One other kite company supplied a second inner bag (Wainman) and no other have supplied a full second set of lines.

We get it Kiterjames, you enjoy your Vegas.
Call Ken to tell him, see if he answers the phone. :lol:

Last edited by Oldnbroken on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:12 pm 
Frequent Poster

From what I understand they are made in the same factory as Blade (along with a few other brands) so would be similar quality / materials. Blade are middle of the road quality, not as good as North but not bad quality either.

Although the use of factories producing multiple brands allow smaller outfits like Epic to make kites they also introduce quality control problems. Factories in China and Vietnam are notorious for substituting cheaper materials in production to increase their profit margin. They are also more likely to try to pull a "fast one" on smaller clients who they can afford to lose.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 pm 
Medium Poster

KiterJames - should I disclose who you really are, then the others can have a laugh & go, oh not that dumbass again ;)
When I fly back from work I'll post those pics of your favourite 3 year old trailing edge material - thats still goin harder than your soft co>k yarns :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Oldnbroken wrote:
I've never pumped an Epic kite, or any other kite, to 11 psi.
I owned the exact kite models, year and sizes that Caesar is forever whining about...zero problems with them and I pumped them to 9 psi, no flying problems and no durability issues...at all.
Every company other than North suggests you pump their kites hard, including Wainman who has massive leading edge diameters.
The only kites that I've seen that don't hold shape properly are the Ozone Catalyst (and pre Catalyst) the Switch Nitro V1, every other kite I've ever owned held proper shape at 9 psi and less.

Just do a search on what the Epic owner wrote and continuously tells his client- pump up the Screamers as hard as it gets (but leave the straps open in case you crash the kite). You forgot OldnBroken?
It also depends what *you* are doing with your kite (only going forwards and back I assume) and if you are happy having the kite flapping around in the air just like Jelly Pudding.

Cabrinha suggest no more than 8PSI. How does that sound? If you still have a manual (and if you actually owned any of those kites from 2009 onwards), have a look at them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I am sorry alexeyga, Caesar and kiterJames but It looks like some one else answered to your previous posts. So no need for me to waist my time. We all can see what's going on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
no need for me to waist my time

And that's what the real Epic customer service is all about!!! Hooray!!! Good job Dimitri! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

When the real issues come up - all that fuss and pimping can be summarized by:
Attachment:
Epic-Customer-Service-Sign.jpg
Epic-Customer-Service-Sign.jpg [ 90.85 KIB | Viewed 232 times ]

Last edited by alexeyga on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:12 pm 
Medium Poster

At this point I think this is more baby sitting you need, not customer service anymore!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

soul19 wrote:
Really James? You make accusations and than you admitted to speaking out your ass! You have no first hand knowledge of the process that Dimitri follows to get his product made yet you speak with such arrogance. Epic kites are well made and have people that enjoy using these products... obviously you don't so move on. Why people feel the need to bash products is beyond me! Most folks buy what they like and just avoid what they don't. A special breed feel they need to be as destructive as possible. Nobody cares about your opinion as you have a vested interest in trolling. It takes very little effort to not go onto epic threads but you go to great lengths to show hate. Me thinks you have a man crush princess!

James

So you complain that someone post negative opinions then go on to suggest they are gay? Why so defensive?

I must say I thought this thread was great (I really enjoy reading about positive experiences) until Dimitri really shit on it by stating that he is not interested in saving on quality like most other companies. It is inflammatory and unnecessary.

a.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Code:
Poster: tautologies
you complain that someone post negative opinions then go on to suggest they are gay? Why so defensive?
I must say I thought this thread was great (I really enjoy reading about positive experiences) until Dimitri really shit on it by stating that he is not interested in saving on quality like most other companies. It is inflammatory and unnecessary.

I think you have read my post totally wrong tautologies . I am all about "quality" while most companies will try to save money by taking short cuts and don't care much about the end result. All they are interested is sell, sell, sell and make money. This is not the reason I started the EPIC kite company.
This is what I wrote on my previous post on page 3 in case you did not read properly. Or maybe I can write it again in French, Greek and Spanish. Just let me know.
Quote:
You are a funny guy kiterjames. Obviously you have no idea about material cost and the way the factories operate. Believe me, I am not interested in saving money by taking short cuts like most companies do when it comes to quality. I want the best of the best. I am interested in bringing the best quality to the customers. And this takes time and a lot of R&D.
These are some of the response I get from some factories when I am building the EPIC kites: "Don't use this material use this, don't use this thread use this, don't sew it that way because it cost more money and it takes too long. Most companies use this method or this material.".....and the list goes on....
So once again if you are going to post something, please address something knowledgeable that can help us improving our EPIC product.
Thank you.

Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Caesar wrote:
Just do a search on what the Epic owner wrote and continuously tells his client- pump up the Screamers as hard as it gets.
You forgot OldnBroken?
Cabrinha suggest no more than 8PSI. How does that sound? If you still have a manual (and if you actually owned any of those kites from 2009 onwards), have a look at them.
I don't forget Caesar.
Never even thought about owning a Cabrinha kite, there are several brands I wouldn't have for varying reasons.
Many companies suggest you pump their kites hard, now that we have better Dacron, better sewing and thread materials, better bladders and better nipples/adhesives.
Wainman prints right on their leading edge to pump the kite hard!
I've owned kites by Pro-Tools, Advance, HQ, Peter Lynn, Wipika, Windwing, Liquid Force, Flexifoil, Slingshot, Eclipse, Ocean Rodeo, Blade, Switch, Epic, Ozone, North, Wainman.
Eight from the list since 2008.
I've had very good customer service from Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot and Epic.

[ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next