Brand Affiliation: None.

Final results at the 2013 North American Speed Invitational

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Final results at the 2013 North American Speed Sailing Invitational

12 selected riders from around the world
One location: Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts USA
Prize Purse: $27,000
1 speed 1.jpg
It was an incredible two weeks of racing with conditions ranging from 15 knots to 40 knots of wind. The top speed sailors from around the world gave it everything they had on the beautiful waters of Nantucket. In the end it came down to Rob Douglas currently the world record holder and also the fastest man in the world at 55.65 knots taking home the gold. Then there was me, the Florida boy Damien, who was the littlest but I was persistent and battled it out everyday and after all the dust settled I ended up in second place with the second fastest time. In third place another Douglas brother Jamie who had some incredible results and rode very consistent the whole event.

The event, lasting two weeks, got in 10 races with a max top average speed of 50.193 knots over 250 meters wiith V max's over 54 knots. The evolution of speed is changing as some riders pushed slalom boards or a new brand of speed board called "Giant Speed" or "GS" to speeds averaging 44 knots in winds of 15 knots.

A big thanks goes out to all the riders who flew in from around the world as well as the great race committee Robert Garrison, affectionally known as “Bear” Harding and Chris “The Mucht” Conrad, as well as the event sponsor and incredible competitor "Bill Lynch" for hosting such an incredible event. A big thanks goes to "The Black Dog" for supplying the riders with meals and world-class hospitality during the event.

Also a big thanks goes to Meanline Fins for the incredible trophies as well as having the top 4 competitors make it on the podiums. A big Thanks to my wonderful family and friends who are always supporting me in these endeavors!

So grateful for my sponsors: Cabrinha, GoPro, Oakley, Lynch, Meanline Fins, The Black Dog, NP, Runa, Corner Five,

Results and Photos Below: Photos curtesy of Jana Halirova, David Williams and Dena Ventura and the GoPro Hero3+

More at www.Damienleroy.com
Attachments
1 speed 2.png

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Final results at the 2013 North American Speed Invitatio

Postby matth » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Nice to see New England get some of the spotlight. The Vineyard was built for kiting, lots of soft sandy locations , lots of flat water, good wind,and from any direction. I was hoping to make it down to watch, maybe next year..

Return to “Kitesurfing”