*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 282
Location: Norfolk, UK
As....some prominent folks in 'the industry' are in town for the Cabrinha event are any of them expressing their concern or do they just think it is a local spat that will have little or no impact on them?

I do think it is unfortunate that the impact is going to be more apparent to the windsurfers because they appear to be the really innocent parties here whereas this whole chain of events was precipitated by the actions of a kitesurfer being a twit.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 479
Location: Maui
I hadn't been to the beach for a while but I didn't see any signs yesterday at Naish beach... And it didn't seem like anyone cared about swim zone c. As there were no swimmers and lots of kites.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:23 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Posts: 2197
Location: Save a life...adopt a Pitbull
I wonder (after the DLNR did what they were forced to do) if things will go back to something a lot like they have been for all these years.
Except that Philip and Mrs. (Ralph) Bolek will get the thirty feet of beach that they want to dominate for the golden child.
Probably wishful thinking.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Posts: 3646
Location: Japan
Oldnbroken wrote:
I wonder (after the DLNR did what they were forced to do) if things will go back to something a lot like they have been for all these years.
Except that Philip and Mrs. (Ralph) Bolek will get the thirty feet of beach that they want to dominate for the golden child.
Probably wishful thinking.

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so annoying cos he has achieved NOTHING but annoying the windsurfers, despite his sanctimonious and dishonest claim to only with to get the laws that are in place enforced... what a wanker.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Posts: 1510
if u wanna c a funny Bolek (Polish) check the english comedy series "The Spa". From the creator of the great "Benidorm."

Do they still hang down there - I walked past who I thought was them at the pond, I really regret not stopping and talking in case it was them.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
The latest...

Thank you for your concern, I apologize for not responding sooner and yes, I have been inundated with numerous phone calls and emails regarding the use of Kanaha. We are open to an amendment to the rule, but until such time we will enforce HAR 13-256-130. With the amount of time I have spent on this issue, I do understand how important this place is to all Kanaha beach users and I am confident that we will find a solution.

Stacy C.K. Masuda


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:11 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 8300
Location: Florida
I just received the following email update from Patti Cadiz of the MBA - Swim Zone Committee through the Ocean Safety Alliance.

" Many thanks again for signing the petition of support for the proposed amendment to HAR 13-256-130 Kanaha Beach Park Swim Zones. On Wednesday December 4 we mailed the proposed amendment with all of the supporting documents (including all of your comments) to Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources-Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DLNR-DOBOR.) The amendment process is clearly defined in HAR 13-1-26. DLNR-DOBOR has 30 days to deny our submission or initiate public rulemaking procedures. Of course we are hoping for the latter, but it is not a foregone conclusion by any stretch.

You can see the exact proposal and find more information at http://kanahawatch.wordpress.com where we will also post updates as events unfold.

Now is the time for coalition building with all interested parties. In particular, if you have friends or family that fish, dive or canoe paddle at Kanaha, please seek them out and let them know that this is important to all of us. The best way to ensure a pono outcome is if all the user groups work together before any public hearing(s) so that a unified voice is heard. Please share our proposal and address any concerns, or contact us if there are concerns that you can't answer."
...

There is a great deal of information on the "Kanaha Watch ~ Amend HAR 13-256-130" website, http://kanahawatch.wordpress.com about the situation including maps such as what shows up below, history, the proposed amendments and contact information within the government for emails/letters.


Image


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:12 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
To add fuel to the fire to this problem -- yesterday an incident which resulted in bodily injury to a kiter by another kiter at Naish beach left me in disbelief that two adult male kiters can be so stupid and raise more issues and reasons to close our access to the ocean here at Kanaha. I spoke to the police officer and he said this kind of behavior by the kite community will ultimately shut down access period. What the hell were you think'n? Again, big egos resulted in absolutely nothing other than exhibiting recklessness amongst us and more reasons to shut us down.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Posts: 386
loosescrew wrote:
To add fuel to the fire to this problem -- yesterday an incident which resulted in bodily injury to a kiter by another kiter at Naish beach left me in disbelief that two adult male kiters can be so stupid and raise more issues and reasons to close our access to the ocean here at Kanaha. I spoke to the police officer and he said this kind of behavior by the kite community will ultimately shut down access period. What the hell were you think'n? Again, big egos resulted in absolutely nothing other than exhibiting recklessness amongst us and more reasons to shut us down.


So it was not an accident?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Posts: 3646
Location: Japan
SalmonSlayer wrote:
loosescrew wrote:
To add fuel to the fire to this problem -- yesterday an incident which resulted in bodily injury to a kiter by another kiter at Naish beach left me in disbelief that two adult male kiters can be so stupid and raise more issues and reasons to close our access to the ocean here at Kanaha. I spoke to the police officer and he said this kind of behavior by the kite community will ultimately shut down access period. What the hell were you think'n? Again, big egos resulted in absolutely nothing other than exhibiting recklessness amongst us and more reasons to shut us down.


So it was not an accident?

No, it was a Clash of Egos! There can be only one!


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Cray, DrLightWind, geir, Laughingman, madworld and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group