Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

forum for kitesurfers


madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Crissy Field San Francisco CA USA
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby madworld » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 pm

:argue: :bye: :rollgrin: :cool2:

madmax7
Medium Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 pm
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby madmax7 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Been carrying my IPad around to sign people up!

question, what about the canoe and outrigger outfits that launch out of the park,

The rule ban would def apply to them as well, has anyone involved them in expressing how ridiculous this law is? Specially since it is part of their heritage?

Perhaps getting their local clubs involved would put a stop to this nonsense

User avatar
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 8683
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Location: Florida

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby RickI » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm

It supposedly extends to all "vessels" including outrigger canoes. I would think they are all over it at their end given tradition, the long standing presence there and not asleep on the issue. I am putting the word out to some SUP interests.

Great idea with the iPad, thank you!

User avatar
SENDIT!
Frequent Poster
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: OR Flite 17, Cabrinha Velocity 13, Wainman Punch 10.5
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites
Location: XL Kites.com

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Signed. I hope they get their situation sorted out over there. I remember when it almost went away b/c of the old rule regarding the proximity to the airport. Good luck.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Contact:

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby RichardM » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm

.
Billy B. wrote:Richard M.

Your ability to hold 0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me. 1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand, reading your ideas of what has happened and how to deal with it is like reading a Hollywood script. Just a outsider smacking down the locals. You interjected with the family involved, here on this form, their Behavior was clearly shown with their efforts here?

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?

Your post seem to 3. do more damage toward the sport and the locals at kite beach?

4. According to the locals, and not the fortune teller-make up facts and ideas Richard M. There was no issue the beach usage was understood by all and excepted, this is the same info I received talking to members of enforce not of these rules months ago when I was planing on visiting friends.

The local enforcement felt the rules were never abused and that the beach was running great, they were shocked there was a issue when ONE FAMILY started complaining and trying to gather support of others...The Officer I spoke with said it is a shame they can't work this out on the bea
.

How bought 5. we let the locals handle this with our support, while the make assumptions to improve their beach. 6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.

I also have to ask why the fuck do you think up shit like, 7. GUTLESS SWARM is the way to express a dude like Jesse Richman riding through the fish pond, how the fuck is it you take a in control pro kiter, and turn them into a gutless swarm. Insane. This Dude is beyond courteous and 8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....

One family gets upset does some research and it turns out 10. the fish pound is off limits.

During the transition period of 11. placing signs and sharing this new info with other kiters there is conflict on the beach about some 12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.

This family then digs in and finds all the rules governing this beach and want them all enforced.

This level of enforcement is out dated but is documented and the officials have to follow the rules that have been overlooked 13. for the benefit of all the beach goers because now they are a public issue on a public forum that must be addressed.

One side is the swimmers with out vessels, and the other is those with vessels, 14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted. This petition says lets look at adjusting the rules, a not follow the outdated rules...

. I would have never known you were a kiter or supported kiting if you didn't sign your post as a kiter...this is almost every post 15. i read from you.... In just this thread you have instructed the kiters in Maui of their wrong doing and 16. how to fix it...And told 17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?

I am sure like us all 18. you are a great dude on the beach, I am just having a hard time seeing it?


0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me.
You wouldn’t be as baffled if you read a little more carefully. The UNDERLYING cause is the authority's abdication of their responsibilities. The cause of the ORIGINAL issue was miscreant kiters and their supporters who not only NEEDLESSLY violated the LEGAL rights of the non-kiters, but then tried to DRIVE THEM AWAY for reasonably complaining about these violations.

1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand,
Please tell us what the NON-KITERS told you in your “first hand” experience. I’d be interested to see if it jibes with the 20+ pages which no longer available for comparison.

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?
Apparently.

3. do more damage toward the sport
I’m pretty sure that my POSTS aren’t in the same LEAGUE as the ACTIONS of the kiters who have precipitated this situation, which may have WORLDWIDE repercussions for YEARS to come.

4. According to the locals,
Are these the same locals whose ACTIONS are mentioned in #3?

5. we let the locals handle this
Good idea. They’ve been doing such a GREAT job so far. Except, in case you haven’t noticed, they’re now BEGGING for OUR help.

6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.
I do. One worry is BLATANT, HARD TO CONTRADICT, BAD PUBLICITY as ammo for anti-kiters.

7. GUTLESS SWARM
I was referring to the many kiters who attacked the non-kiters for standing up for their rights. Perhaps you could NAME some ADDITIONAL kiters who are too special to have to respect the rights of others.

8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?
This is a flawed concept because it is irrelevant. The issues are the PERCEPTIONS of the non-kiters and the bad example set which PROMOTES unacceptable behavior due to the “monkey-see, monkey-do” effect.

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....
Lots of CRIMINAL and otherwise unacceptable behavior has been going on “for a long time”, so it is ALL O.K., right.

10. the fish pound is off limits.
What part of the above is so hard to understand?

11. placing signs
Perhaps you could share the WORDING of the “signs” designed by the LOCALS rather than the AUTHORITY. It is my understanding that they did NOT prohibit kiting in the pond.

12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.
This seems a tad vague. Perhaps you could be a little more specific. I’m sure you didn’t mean that they objected to the kiters VIOLATING the law.

13. for the benefit of all the beach goers
Please tell me how ignoring the violations benefited anyone ELSE besides the VIOLATING kiters.

14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted.
Which would NOT have been necessary EXCEPT for the KITERS’ NEEDLESS refusal to either OBEY the LAW or get the LAW changed and instead try to DRIVE AWAY the non-kiters.

15. i read from you....
You obviously are selective in the posts of mine which you supposedly “read”.

16. how to fix it.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post suggestions.

17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post an observation regarding a forum management policy.

18. you are a great dude on the beach,
Thank you for graciously giving me the benefit of the doubt despite your perceptive observation of all the evidence to the contrary.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

User avatar
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Location: Utah ish
Contact:

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby Billy B. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:09 pm

RichardM wrote:.
Billy B. wrote:Richard M.

Your ability to hold 0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me. 1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand, reading your ideas of what has happened and how to deal with it is like reading a Hollywood script. Just a outsider smacking down the locals. You interjected with the family involved, here on this form, their Behavior was clearly shown with their efforts here?

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?

Your post seem to 3. do more damage toward the sport and the locals at kite beach?

4. According to the locals, and not the fortune teller-make up facts and ideas Richard M. There was no issue the beach usage was understood by all and excepted, this is the same info I received talking to members of enforce not of these rules months ago when I was planing on visiting friends.

The local enforcement felt the rules were never abused and that the beach was running great, they were shocked there was a issue when ONE FAMILY started complaining and trying to gather support of others...The Officer I spoke with said it is a shame they can't work this out on the bea
.

How bought 5. we let the locals handle this with our support, while the make assumptions to improve their beach. 6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.

I also have to ask why the fuck do you think up shit like, 7. GUTLESS SWARM is the way to express a dude like Jesse Richman riding through the fish pond, how the fuck is it you take a in control pro kiter, and turn them into a gutless swarm. Insane. This Dude is beyond courteous and 8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....

One family gets upset does some research and it turns out 10. the fish pound is off limits.

During the transition period of 11. placing signs and sharing this new info with other kiters there is conflict on the beach about some 12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.

This family then digs in and finds all the rules governing this beach and want them all enforced.

This level of enforcement is out dated but is documented and the officials have to follow the rules that have been overlooked 13. for the benefit of all the beach goers because now they are a public issue on a public forum that must be addressed.

One side is the swimmers with out vessels, and the other is those with vessels, 14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted. This petition says lets look at adjusting the rules, a not follow the outdated rules...

. I would have never known you were a kiter or supported kiting if you didn't sign your post as a kiter...this is almost every post 15. i read from you.... In just this thread you have instructed the kiters in Maui of their wrong doing and 16. how to fix it...And told 17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?

I am sure like us all 18. you are a great dude on the beach, I am just having a hard time seeing it?


0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me.
You wouldn’t be as baffled if you read a little more carefully. The UNDERLYING cause is the authority's abdication of their responsibilities. The cause of the ORIGINAL issue was miscreant kiters and their supporters who not only NEEDLESSLY violated the LEGAL rights of the non-kiters, but then tried to DRIVE THEM AWAY for reasonably complaining about these violations.

1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand,
Please tell us what the NON-KITERS told you in your “first hand” experience. I’d be interested to see if it jibes with the 20+ pages which no longer available for comparison.

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?
Apparently.

3. do more damage toward the sport
I’m pretty sure that my POSTS aren’t in the same LEAGUE as the ACTIONS of the kiters who have precipitated this situation, which may have WORLDWIDE repercussions for YEARS to come.

4. According to the locals,
Are these the same locals whose ACTIONS are mentioned in #3?

5. we let the locals handle this
Good idea. They’ve been doing such a GREAT job so far. Except, in case you haven’t noticed, they’re now BEGGING for OUR help.

6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.
I do. One worry is BLATANT, HARD TO CONTRADICT, BAD PUBLICITY as ammo for anti-kiters.

7. GUTLESS SWARM
I was referring to the many kiters who attacked the non-kiters for standing up for their rights. Perhaps you could NAME some ADDITIONAL kiters who are too special to have to respect the rights of others.

8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?
This is a flawed concept because it is irrelevant. The issues are the PERCEPTIONS of the non-kiters and the bad example set which PROMOTES unacceptable behavior due to the “monkey-see, monkey-do” effect.

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....
Lots of CRIMINAL and otherwise unacceptable behavior has been going on “for a long time”, so it is ALL O.K., right.

10. the fish pound is off limits.
What part of the above is so hard to understand?

11. placing signs
Perhaps you could share the WORDING of the “signs” designed by the LOCALS rather than the AUTHORITY. It is my understanding that they did NOT prohibit kiting in the pond.

12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.
This seems a tad vague. Perhaps you could be a little more specific. I’m sure you didn’t mean that they objected to the kiters VIOLATING the law.

13. for the benefit of all the beach goers
Please tell me how ignoring the violations benefited anyone ELSE besides the VIOLATING kiters.

14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted.
Which would NOT have been necessary EXCEPT for the KITERS’ NEEDLESS refusal to either OBEY the LAW or get the LAW changed and instead try to DRIVE AWAY the non-kiters.

15. i read from you....
You obviously are selective in the posts of mine which you supposedly “read”.

16. how to fix it.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post suggestions.

17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post an observation regarding a forum management policy.

18. you are a great dude on the beach,
Thank you for graciously giving me the benefit of the doubt despite your perceptive observation of all the evidence to the contrary.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET



Ok here goes, I am sure you will not comprehend any of this but I will try any way.


Here is a video of one of the conflicts....judge for your self...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws52FPePh-c


The DNLR official I spoke with stated There are plenty of rules that never need to be enforced or followed. This beach was running just fine on local courtesy this is proven by the fact there was never a issue in till one family made waves. It is that simple, you have blown the facts so far out of proportion it forced a response from me, some one very educated on this issue.

I will remind you of this again, The fish pond was not considered off limits by anyone in till the family "discover" so via digging around the laws, After the DNLR did not respond in a way the family approved of. Family said "heh there are kiters here placing my family in danger"

DNLR says, the kiters worked real hard to make that beach usable there are plenty of other areas to swim no one is trying to hurt your son" Phillip Bolek then has a personal issue with Steve S. and decides this battle must be won.

While the DNLR and the MKC try and work out weather they should or should not use the fish pond the Family goes on the offensive trying to Ban all kiters.

Once kiters understand the Fishj pnd is off limits the push for signs and try and educate the rest of the kiters....

This is not hard to understand. No one knew the rules becuase they were not listed, the rules became known after the issues, then they were followed...Period..

This is not about kiters violating the rules, the rules were not know to be violated.

Then when the rules were researched it was discovered there were tons of rules not being followed..Now the beach and 3000 yards of it may be closed to all but swimmers becuae of a 25 year old law. Pre SUP, pre Kite boarding, etc..

I will only address number 15 and 17 because the rest are stupid.

15. Be happy I even try to read your dribble most don't because it is so ridiculous...

17. This is who you are a condescending person who has very little respect for those working to make things better, like Toby... Or those on Kite beach who think need your help.

Oh fuck 18 as well. Your welcome it is much harder to do then you could imagine the contrary evidence is indeed overwhelming obvious.

User avatar
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Location: Utah ish
Contact:

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby Billy B. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 pm

I really want to drive this point home to Richard M.

The kiters never knew they were kiting through a swim zone In till after the conflicts about it being a swim zone, were resolved.

Saying these kiters broke the law and are at fault is bullshit because it has been going on for years with out issue between swimmers and kiters.

If you hold these kiters to this standard of law breaking , Then you must hold every Vessel that operated off of any of these beaches to the same accord, some thing that is not being done. They to have been breaking the same laws with out knowledge, in till the same Family started looking into the laws and pointing them out...Now they maybe used again.

Every SUP'er did not know they were violating any law, canoes, windsurfers, small sail boats, etc....

Every one did follow the rules of launch times and respected the fisherman and divers, how is this same group of Law followers and courteous beach users?

Is this the same, group that just says fuck it to the fish pound rule lets disrespect these swimming sons of bitches.....

NO, because that is now how any of it happened...

The Vessals are breaking the law also, A law that has not been enforced, just as the kiters were in the fish pond. The law didn't need to be ubdated becuase there was not a issue in till the Bulocks made one.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Contact:

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby RichardM » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Billy B. wrote:
RichardM wrote:.
Billy B. wrote:Richard M.

Your ability to hold 0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me. 1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand, reading your ideas of what has happened and how to deal with it is like reading a Hollywood script. Just a outsider smacking down the locals. You interjected with the family involved, here on this form, their Behavior was clearly shown with their efforts here?

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?

Your post seem to 3. do more damage toward the sport and the locals at kite beach?

4. According to the locals, and not the fortune teller-make up facts and ideas Richard M. There was no issue the beach usage was understood by all and excepted, this is the same info I received talking to members of enforce not of these rules months ago when I was planing on visiting friends.

The local enforcement felt the rules were never abused and that the beach was running great, they were shocked there was a issue when ONE FAMILY started complaining and trying to gather support of others...The Officer I spoke with said it is a shame they can't work this out on the bea
.

How bought 5. we let the locals handle this with our support, while the make assumptions to improve their beach. 6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.

I also have to ask why the fuck do you think up shit like, 7. GUTLESS SWARM is the way to express a dude like Jesse Richman riding through the fish pond, how the fuck is it you take a in control pro kiter, and turn them into a gutless swarm. Insane. This Dude is beyond courteous and 8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....

One family gets upset does some research and it turns out 10. the fish pound is off limits.

During the transition period of 11. placing signs and sharing this new info with other kiters there is conflict on the beach about some 12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.

This family then digs in and finds all the rules governing this beach and want them all enforced.

This level of enforcement is out dated but is documented and the officials have to follow the rules that have been overlooked 13. for the benefit of all the beach goers because now they are a public issue on a public forum that must be addressed.

One side is the swimmers with out vessels, and the other is those with vessels, 14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted. This petition says lets look at adjusting the rules, a not follow the outdated rules...

. I would have never known you were a kiter or supported kiting if you didn't sign your post as a kiter...this is almost every post 15. i read from you.... In just this thread you have instructed the kiters in Maui of their wrong doing and 16. how to fix it...And told 17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?

I am sure like us all 18. you are a great dude on the beach, I am just having a hard time seeing it?


0. the beach goers and enforcement directly to blame baffles me.
You wouldn’t be as baffled if you read a little more carefully. The UNDERLYING cause is the authority's abdication of their responsibilities. The cause of the ORIGINAL issue was miscreant kiters and their supporters who not only NEEDLESSLY violated the LEGAL rights of the non-kiters, but then tried to DRIVE THEM AWAY for reasonably complaining about these violations.

1. I have heard the stories of the encounters on the beach first hand,
Please tell us what the NON-KITERS told you in your “first hand” experience. I’d be interested to see if it jibes with the 20+ pages which no longer available for comparison.

2. This is the catalyst of this issue?
Apparently.

3. do more damage toward the sport
I’m pretty sure that my POSTS aren’t in the same LEAGUE as the ACTIONS of the kiters who have precipitated this situation, which may have WORLDWIDE repercussions for YEARS to come.

4. According to the locals,
Are these the same locals whose ACTIONS are mentioned in #3?

5. we let the locals handle this
Good idea. They’ve been doing such a GREAT job so far. Except, in case you haven’t noticed, they’re now BEGGING for OUR help.

6. Why don't you worry about making Malibu more kite friendly.
I do. One worry is BLATANT, HARD TO CONTRADICT, BAD PUBLICITY as ammo for anti-kiters.

7. GUTLESS SWARM
I was referring to the many kiters who attacked the non-kiters for standing up for their rights. Perhaps you could NAME some ADDITIONAL kiters who are too special to have to respect the rights of others.

8. would never place anyone but himself in danger?
This is a flawed concept because it is irrelevant. The issues are the PERCEPTIONS of the non-kiters and the bad example set which PROMOTES unacceptable behavior due to the “monkey-see, monkey-do” effect.

9. The short story is simple, people have been kiting through the fish pound for a long time....
Lots of CRIMINAL and otherwise unacceptable behavior has been going on “for a long time”, so it is ALL O.K., right.

10. the fish pound is off limits.
What part of the above is so hard to understand?

11. placing signs
Perhaps you could share the WORDING of the “signs” designed by the LOCALS rather than the AUTHORITY. It is my understanding that they did NOT prohibit kiting in the pond.

12. family fucking up the flow of the beach.
This seems a tad vague. Perhaps you could be a little more specific. I’m sure you didn’t mean that they objected to the kiters VIOLATING the law.

13. for the benefit of all the beach goers
Please tell me how ignoring the violations benefited anyone ELSE besides the VIOLATING kiters.

14. now the rules must be enforced or adjusted.
Which would NOT have been necessary EXCEPT for the KITERS’ NEEDLESS refusal to either OBEY the LAW or get the LAW changed and instead try to DRIVE AWAY the non-kiters.

15. i read from you....
You obviously are selective in the posts of mine which you supposedly “read”.

16. how to fix it.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post suggestions.

17. Toby his judgement on his forum of his website needs to be reviewed?
Sorry. Perhaps I should have asked you first if it was OK for me to post an observation regarding a forum management policy.

18. you are a great dude on the beach,
Thank you for graciously giving me the benefit of the doubt despite your perceptive observation of all the evidence to the contrary.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET



Ok here goes, I am sure you will not comprehend any of this but I will try any way.


1. Here is a video of one of the conflicts....judge for your self...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws52FPePh-c


2. The DNLR official I spoke with stated There are plenty of rules that never need to be enforced or followed. This beach was running just fine on local courtesy this is proven by the fact there was never a issue in till one family made waves. It is that simple, you have blown the facts so far out of proportion it forced a response from me, some one very educated on this issue.

3. I will remind you of this again, The fish pond was not considered off limits by anyone in till the family "discover" so via digging around the laws, After the DNLR did not respond in a way the family approved of. Family said "heh there are kiters here placing my family in danger"

DNLR says, the kiters worked real hard to make that beach usable there are plenty of other areas to swim no one is trying to hurt your son" Phillip Bolek then has a personal issue with Steve S. and decides this battle must be won.

While the DNLR and the MKC try and work out weather they should or should not use the fish pond the Family goes on the offensive trying to Ban all kiters.

Once kiters understand the Fishj pnd is off limits the push for signs and try and educate the rest of the kiters....

This is not hard to understand. No one knew the rules becuase they were not listed, the rules became known after the issues, then they were followed...Period..

This is not about kiters violating the rules, the rules were not know to be violated.

Then when the rules were researched it was discovered there were tons of rules not being followed..Now the beach and 3000 yards of it may be closed to all but swimmers becuae of a 25 year old law. Pre SUP, pre Kite boarding, etc..

I will only address number 15 and 17 because the rest are stupid.

4. 15. Be happy I even try to read your dribble most don't because it is so ridiculous...

17. This is who you are a condescending person who has very little respect for those working to make things better, like Toby... Or those on Kite beach who think need your help.

Oh fuck 18 as well. Your welcome it is much harder to do then you could imagine the contrary evidence is indeed overwhelming obvious.


1. Here is a video of one of the conflicts....judge for your self
Fascinating. However, a couple of details weren't especially clear. I missed the part where the kiter was so "harassed" that he told the non-kiter to stop bothering him. I also saw some little kids playing in the water. Was this where the kiter was kiting? It also looked like it was very stormy. Does this mean that there was nice, smooth wind making an accident LESS likely? I also didn't see ANY other kiters. Does this ALSO indicate that conditions were so perfect that it was perfectly OK for the (expert?) kiter to kite near the kids?

2. The DNLR official I spoke with stated There are plenty of rules that never need to be enforced or followed.
Something tells me that you won't get this "official" to put his alleged statement IN WRITING for some reason. In fact, I'll bet you won't even post his name and/or title. I wonder what this indicates.

3. I will remind you of this again,
Your sequence of alleged events only marginally coincides with what was posted in the deleted thread or with what is STILL posted on iKitesurf.com and in the Maui News and does NOT present anywhere near an accurate picture. But you're entitled to believe whatever fantasy you want.

4. 15. Be happy I even try to read your dribble most don't because it is so ridiculous...
I'm sorry, but it's true that making m0r0n posters upset does tend to make me happy. So its too bad I can't be happier knowing how upset you'd get if you actually were concerned that others read my posts.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3522
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby ronnie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Seriously - the kitesurfer harassment video had me puzzled as to whether it was about the guy with the dog harassing the kitesurfer.

From where the kids were in the water and it being high tide and presumably an offshore wind, as we all know, there isn't danger upwind of the kiter.
That seems to be not understood or ignored sometimes.

There are rules. Whether the rule is the best rule is what has to be decided.

Not adhering to the existing rule does tend to make future rules tighter, but the context of breaking an existing rule does matter too. Adhering to rules isn't as black and white as some would like everyone to see it.

Haole_Built
Rare Poster
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:33 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Crissy Field, SFO
Sherman Island, CA
Style: Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Airush Kites, Firewire Surfboard, F-One Surfboard, Airush Converse Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby Haole_Built » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Billy B. wrote:I really want to drive this point home to Richard M.

The kiters never knew they were kiting through a swim zone In till after the conflicts about it being a swim zone, were resolved.

Saying these kiters broke the law and are at fault is bullshit because it has been going on for years with out issue between swimmers and kiters.

If you hold these kiters to this standard of law breaking , Then you must hold every Vessel that operated off of any of these beaches to the same accord, some thing that is not being done. They to have been breaking the same laws with out knowledge, in till the same Family started looking into the laws and pointing them out...Now they maybe used again.

Every SUP'er did not know they were violating any law, canoes, windsurfers, small sail boats, etc....

Every one did follow the rules of launch times and respected the fisherman and divers, how is this same group of Law followers and courteous beach users?

Is this the same, group that just says fuck it to the fish pound rule lets disrespect these swimming sons of bitches.....

NO, because that is now how any of it happened...

The Vessals are breaking the law also, A law that has not been enforced, just as the kiters were in the fish pond. The law didn't need to be ubdated becuase there was not a issue in till the Bulocks made one.



Billy B. Stop feeding this troll, as he will not stop with his drivel. He ran a similar thread on iKitesurf into oblivion, until the admin got fed up and locked it.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dazarter, foilholio, joriws, ozonelevel, topmick, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests