*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Maui
Of coarse people are dicks... almost no one walks around being perfect all the time. If confronted most people kick back and most just want to get in a fight. Does that mean that all kiters on Maui are bad people... No. Does that mean that some are... Yes.

Personally I try and do the right thing but I've made my share of mistakes over the years. I don't think it matters the wording of the petition just that it is getting attention. We as kiters all over the world should care about each other just on the simple basis that we might one day meet.

Who knows maybe RichardM isn't as crazy as he sounds.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
rightguard wrote:
Of coarse people are dicks... almost no one walks around being perfect all the time. If confronted most people kick back and most just want to get in a fight. Does that mean that all kiters on Maui are bad people... No. Does that mean that some are... Yes.

Personally I try and do the right thing but I've made my share of mistakes over the years. I don't think it matters the wording of the petition just that it is getting attention. We as kiters all over the world should care about each other just on the simple basis that we might one day meet.

Who knows maybe RichardM isn't as crazy as he sounds.

Of course, I COULD be even CRAZIER.....hee, hee, hee.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 559
Location: texas
RichardM wrote:
coleman wrote:
RichardM wrote:
The WORST PART is that anti-kiters will be able to use these comments for YEARS to come, to show that kiters are irresponsible, violent, unreasonable A$$HOLES who will want to UNREASONABLY take over the entire beach.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


richardM:

somehow you always seems to outdo yourself. its incredible really. this last comment for example.....For years to come non kiters will be able to blah blah blah.......

here is some news in case you are new to the interwebs. all forums are places where know it alls gather to be right and cast down morons who are inferior in their knowledge base of said topic. a magical place where everyone is right and just, but everyone is also magically an idiot at the same time. it truly is a sight to behold.

most rational people can see this and thus do not form their opinions from threads that are many years old and filled with the rantings of god knows who.

i will put this in all caps so that you understand, i may punctuate randomly to further speak your language so as to get you to really really REALLY understand

YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY ON THIS FORUM.


And that's why you find it's necessary for you use your superior intellect and precious time to try to negate my opinion ?

Or is it that you need to try to reinforce your WISHFUL THINKING ?

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


that's right richard. because in this world i am both the genius and the idiot. i am always right and never wrong. and so are you. we have heard your opinions repeated over and over and over and over.....some of the things you say i can see your point but i am just having a go at your delivery. it has created the opposite effect that you are looking for. hard to take you serious........


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:53 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:53 am
Posts: 1104
If Maui doesn't want kiteboarders, we will take our hard-earned money elsewhere. Perhaps, they have no idea that windsurfing is a dying sport and kiting is the new wind-powered sport of choice. If they close that beach, they send thousands of tourists to other beaches around the world. Maybe they grow some extra sugar cane or pineapple to make up for the lost revenue.

Mr. & Mrs. Bolek and child will then be able to frolik on the beach without a kite, Sup, or windsurfer in sight feeling smug about how they wrecked everyone else's joy.

Richard M. you say that you are on our side, but it is hard to imagine a worse advocate for the sport than you. What is the deal with the ALL CAPS and the insults. You really need to chill out.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Posts: 360
fernmanus wrote:
If Maui doesn't want kiteboarders, we will take our hard-earned money elsewhere. Perhaps, they have no idea that windsurfing is a dying sport and kiting is the new wind-powered sport of choice. If they close that beach, they send thousands of tourists to other beaches around the world. Maybe they grow some extra sugar cane or pineapple to make up for the lost revenue.

Mr. & Mrs. Bolek and child will then be able to frolik on the beach without a kite, Sup, or windsurfer in sight feeling smug about how they wrecked everyone else's joy.

Richard M. you say that you are on our side, but it is hard to imagine a worse advocate for the sport than you. What is the deal with the ALL CAPS and the insults. You really need to chill out.


-We have money so you better listen to us and do what we want.
-The opposition is only 2 people and their kid
-If there are alternative opinions, they are not advocates (why dont you just call it the ever popular "hate speech"). Typing with ALL CAPS hurts my feelings. Stop being a meany.

BUT nothing about kiteboarders taking personal responsibility (as a group) for behavior that contributed to this situation.

This perspective is why I am having a hard time drumming up sympathy for this issue. We can not be our own worst enemy.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Posts: 3606
Location: Japan
SalmonSlayer wrote:
BUT nothing about kiteboarders taking personal responsibility (as a group) for behavior that contributed to this situation.

This perspective is why I am having a hard time drumming up sympathy for this issue. We can not be our own worst enemy.

That's like seeing a video of a single guy pulling a wheelie on a public road then condemning all motorcycle riders as irresponsible assholes who deserve to get run over. :roll:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Kamikuza wrote:
SalmonSlayer wrote:
BUT nothing about kiteboarders taking personal responsibility (as a group) for behavior that contributed to this situation.

This perspective is why I am having a hard time drumming up sympathy for this issue. We can not be our own worst enemy.

That's like seeing a video of a single guy pulling a wheelie on a public road then condemning all motorcycle riders as irresponsible assholes who deserve to get run over. :roll:


Irrelevant, meaningless analogy.

And incidentally, if you bothered to look at the OVER 500 comments I posted links to, are you ready to admit that there might be more than 2 non-kiters who have been complaining ?

For your convenience, here they are again:

http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/#comments
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/10/swim-zones-to-be-enforced-at-kaa-point-over-safety-concerns/
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Posts: 3606
Location: Japan
RichardM wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
SalmonSlayer wrote:
BUT nothing about kiteboarders taking personal responsibility (as a group) for behavior that contributed to this situation.

This perspective is why I am having a hard time drumming up sympathy for this issue. We can not be our own worst enemy.

That's like seeing a video of a single guy pulling a wheelie on a public road then condemning all motorcycle riders as irresponsible assholes who deserve to get run over. :roll:


Irrelevant, meaningless analogy.

And incidentally, if you bothered to look at the OVER 500 comments I posted links to, are you ready to admit that there might be more than 2 non-kiters who have been complaining ?

For your convenience, here they are again:

http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/#comments
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/10/swim-zones-to-be-enforced-at-kaa-point-over-safety-concerns/
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

Yeah, you're right.

I'm gonna support the ban. Clearly, you're all fucktards over there and need to be removed from the beaches for the good of public safety.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Kamikuza wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:

Irrelevant, meaningless analogy.

And incidentally, if you bothered to look at the OVER 500 comments I posted links to, are you ready to admit that there might be more than 2 non-kiters who have been complaining ?

For your convenience, here they are again:

http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/#comments
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/10/swim-zones-to-be-enforced-at-kaa-point-over-safety-concerns/
http://mauinow.com/2013/05/03/letter-kite-surfers-endanger-kids-at-kaa-point/

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

Yeah, you're right.

I'm gonna support the ban. Clearly, you're all fucktards over there and need to be removed from the beaches for the good of public safety.


Right. There probably would be less shark attacks without kiters luring them in closer to shore and pissing them off. And don't forget about for the good of kiting's reputation in general. I'm glad you're a big enough man to recognize and admit it when you're wrong.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 559
Location: texas
RichardM wrote:

Right. There probably would be less shark attacks without kiters luring them in closer to shore and pissing them off. And don't forget about for the good of kiting's reputation in general. I'm glad you're a big enough man to recognize and admit it when you're wrong.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET



Richardm,

Like I said no credibility. Hard to believe you are siding with that family. They are so clearly being selfish, entitled, Whiney cunts.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyGoatGruff, Blake, Dimitri M, Exabot [Bot], Guac, jespin4845, kazi, madworld, tonyh, ulx, Yahoo [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group