Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Soul Drysuit now shipping worldwide

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Ocean Rodeo Soul Drysuit now shipping worldwide

Postby ORSales » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Quick update on the Soul drysuit! We are about to begin shipping XL sized Souls worldwide early next week and are accepting pre-orders for all other sizes, expected to ship in late May or early June. Order yours online or through your local dealer today!

The Soul comes in 3 different colour options and features a patent pending / low profile self entry zipper system, removable hood and stretch panels at the waist for a clean looking, fitted suit designed to take on any weather. Below are a couple of videos showing the suit in action and some studio shots showing it in detail.

John Z - OR

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo Soul Drysuit now shipping worldwide

Postby Séb » Tue May 01, 2012 3:22 am

I got my Soul dry suit last week and had a chance to try it twice so far. So here is a short review :

When I first saw it, I was really impress with the overall quality. Much better than I could expect, I was really surprise with the quality, the reinforcement, the zip, how well it is made, nice seam, etc.. The suit is quite thick and look to be very durable. There are good reinforcement at the knee and butt which is a good idea. We can wear our harness under the second layer of the suit (I wear a seat harness) so just under the jacket. There is a zip to have access to your hook. The hood is easely removable but I like to keep it as it add a lot of warmth after your session in cold weather like we had here recently. I did not use the suspension strap but they are included if you need to like for SUP or surf I guess.

The material is breathable and this is the main reason why I decided to get this suit. And it does it's job perfectly as I was totally dry even if I had to take a good walk back to shore because the wind died when I was far away from the launching area. Because of the thickness of the suit it is way warmer than my previous dry but not cumbersome at all, you can easely move as you'd like because there are excess material at key point that help for this. Very well made. All the seals are trimmable, I had to trim slightly the ankle for better comfort. The look is also wonderful.

A very nice thing is the self entry design, you don't need anyone to come and zip your suit. The zip do a U pattern around your neck from inside shoulder to shoulder and it is really easy to do yourself....great! Well, I could not be more happy with this suit. Yes, it is expensive but once you got it you can clearly see that you have something in your hand that worth every penny. And riding in cold weather can be really bad but when you are dry and warm it is pure fun...well almost ;)

I'm 6'1" and 192lbs and the XL fit perfectly.

Thank you Ocean Rodeo for coming along with a very well designed suit that perfectly fit the need of Kiteboarder with only top quality features. I'd love to see every products in our industries like that.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Tue May 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Wow... Seb, merci! You make us blush! :oops:

Glad you love the suit! Looking forward to getting them into the hands of cold water enthusiasts world wide!

GhostDog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Charleston South Carolina, USA
Favorite Beaches: Station 28, Sullivan's Island South Carolina. Katama Bay and Cape Pogue, Martha's Vineyard.
Style: Freeride, FreeStyle, some wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi, 8,10, 12
Underground FLX 135 x 41
OR Mako Wide
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby GhostDog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Just ordered mine. If you have any questions about this suit go watch the product information video (the long one with the company founder 'Richard' speaking). Very informative. I hear the breath-ability of the suit is outstanding, will update after I have ridden.

t

seakiter
Rare Poster
Gear: Some
Been thanked: 0

Postby seakiter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Quick question--Why put the harness underneath the jacket? I've been a cold weather climber for a couple of decades and I always fasten my climbing harness over the top of my jacket. Climbing jackets have pockets set high on the front for this purpose. What's the advantage of the Soul's approach?

AGK
Medium Poster

Postby AGK » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:18 am

seakiter wrote:Quick question--Why put the harness underneath the jacket? I've been a cold weather climber for a couple of decades and I always fasten my climbing harness over the top of my jacket. Climbing jackets have pockets set high on the front for this purpose. What's the advantage of the Soul's approach?
FWIW, I have had a Soul for a year or so and just put my harness over the jacket without using the zippered slot (just seems easier) and it works fine - harness doesn't ride up and no visible wear on the suit.

Just kited in mine today in 70 degree air and 50 degree water with just a bathing suit and t-shirt underneath -- totally comfortable. Great suit!

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:25 am

+1 on wearing the harness over the suit w out using the slot for the hook. Is a great suit and easy to put on by yourself.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:02 pm

When I was wearing my seat harness I was wearing it under the suit and use the hook zipper and it works great. Now I only use a waist harness and prefer to wear it over the suit. I still love my Soul exactly as from day 1 but I have the new Ignite in order :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”