Rare Poster
Local Beach: Plumb beach
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 15.1 wipika amp ideas

Postby Zalex820 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Zalex820 wrote:Light wind kite it not the word for this wipi. You can fart and get lofted. I won't fly this kite due to Lack of safety. So I have this thing sitting around and I'm not sure what to do with it.
There is no safety issues, as this very kite has a depower 5th line so you can kill the kite fully :naughty:

Anyways, in the windrange you might use such a kite (sub 10 knots if average weight), depower does not matter IMO.

But IF you get surprised, just let the kite depower a bit, or fully, to the 5th flag out line :thumb:

Althoug - many who has not been through the stages from the start, go wrong and think a huge kite can fly in absolutely no wind almost :roll:

WRONG !

The smaller the kite, the less wind it will be able to fly, and it will be much easier to keep it in the air.

So the huge kites can be a hassle to get "up and around", compared to smaller kites.

When up, and out on a board - THEN the big ones has more pull (pull increases with projected size approximately).

So you wont get yanked if you try to ride with this kite, but it can be more difficult if not used to these sizes, just in general, and keeping it in the air (much easier with a smaller kite)

You have to remember it is a C shaped kite too, so not the same power as an SLE kite, straight out, but it might be able to generate good power when you fly the kite up and down, as a C kite is better in turns, and the AMP has a good cambered profile and high AR, so excellent regarding apparent wind.

If curious - just go ride it and let us hear your experiences :D

Nothing to be scared about :rollgrin: (besides a bit of pumping ha haa)

8) Peter
I was thinking about riding it but haven't had the time lately. And last time I tried pumping the thingup iI felt like I had a 3 hour session at the gym. I was ready to pack it back and go home haha

Return to “Kitesurfing”