Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Market research about fully equiped kite RV

Forum for kitesurfers
KiteCampers
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone C4, Naish Park, North Vegas.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Market research about fully equiped kite RV

Postby KiteCampers » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello Guys,

We are Sander and Dennis and we have an idea to rent RV's fully equipped with kiteboarding gear for foreign kitesurfers in the Netherlands.

We'd like to know if there is interest in such a thing and if you have any comments about this idea.

This is what we had in mind:

An RV for 4 persons fully equipped with
- 3 kites
- 2 bars
- 2 twintip kiteboards
- Map ith all the kite spots in the Netherlands including tips on where to go with each wind direction.
- Sim card for mobile internet included for checking the wind
- 24 hours p / day telephone service for questions about kitesurfing in the Netherlands
- Good music aboard the RV (the option to send your own music)
- DVD player with Progression kitesurf DVDs aboard the RV
- Pick up/drop off service at a Dutch airport

What are you guys willing to pay for such an package?

Thanks for the help!

Hang Loose,

Sander & Dennis

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Market research about fully equiped kite RV

Postby jrfiol » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:27 pm

I'd be willing to buy the franchise for PR...

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

I wouldn't pay for this service...
Unless it was less expensive then just renting and RV....
I don't see the value in the kite gear you are providing, its hardly enough for one kiter, what are the other 3 people going to do while I am kiting?

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 pm

you should start your marketing speech like that:

hello guys!

we are Pernilla and Gunilla, two student girls from Sweden, and we have an idea to rent RV's fully equipped with...
What are you guys willing to pay for such an package? :oops:

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Is there much kite tourism in the Netherlands? Seems kind of cold for a kite destination.

KiteCampers
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone C4, Naish Park, North Vegas.

Postby KiteCampers » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for the reactions so far!
davesails7 wrote:Is there much kite tourism in the Netherlands? Seems kind of cold for a kite destination.
There are a lot of German kitesurfers so I think that would be our main target market. It is cold over here during the current months but there's good winds now too.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !

Postby RichardM » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:47 am

eree wrote:you should start your marketing speech like that:

hello guys!

we are Pernilla and Gunilla, two student girls from Sweden, and we have an idea to rent RV's fully equipped with...
What are you guys willing to pay for such an package? :oops:
You might want to make sure you can get adequate insurance - especially since dope is legal.

If so, you might want to arrange some way to rinse wetsuits - if you can do it with warm water, perhaps from a solar camping type system, it might add irresistible convenience by allowing extra sessions without the discouragement offered by the prospect of trying to put on a cold , clammy wet suit besides keeping your camper cleaner.

Also, it is my impression that the main equipment problem associated with traveling is boards. If this is true for your prospects, you might want to have a greater selection of boards.

And if you get to the point where you want an irresistible sales package, it seems like you should give eree a percentage to do your marketing.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 pm

You posted this on the UK forum, cost being approx €2500 for a week. Considering a 2 week stay in the Carribean costs the same I can't see it being a winner - Holland or Carribean...no brainer really.

Also if you are supplying equipment you need to make sure you are compliant with the H&S regs of your country and fully insured, if someone was to have an accident attributed to your equipment then you'll be in big trouble. Will you be offering training for the equipment? If a customer is not familiar with the equipment they will need some kind of training I would imagine.

Personally I like my own kites, if you have the wrong kites it could totally ruin someone's holiday......a whole week on a bow kite no thanks!! Same with boards, I'm very fussy as are most people.

Also a 4 berth RV with only 2 kites..........????? You'll need more kites and you'll need to double up on the sizes so more than one person can kite at a time. You'll need at least 2 full quivers and that will only allow 2 people to ride unless that are totally different weights. Same with boards.

g00se
Medium Poster

Postby g00se » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

I think there's very little value in the kite specific stuff.

You would be better off just renting an RV for 4 people and saying kites and wetsuits are allowed.

The kite gear, maps, mobile data etc are all just a gimmick - nobody will need them.

Rent as an RV package, don't narrow your potential market by making it kite specific, find what competitors are offering and don't price yourselves out of the picture.

Just my own thoughts..

Return to “Kitesurfing”