Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Peter Lynn: Swell Predicted

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Peter Lynn News:

Swell Predicted

Swell Action SA (1).jpg
This is no ordinary swell, it is inbound on coastlines around the world.
It let’s you passionately pursue the ultimate barrel ride and endless down winders.
This Swell is the new Peter Lynn wave kite! Check out this sneak peak of the third LEI kite in Peter Lynn’s product range.

Our goal when designing this kite was the ultimate. We wanted a kite that will allow you to fly a size smaller than the competition. That one kite that does exactly what you want and responds immediately to your every steering input, even when fully depowered! A kite that feels lively yet incredibly stable, has a gigantic wind range and drifts unlike anything you ever seen before. A kite that has super smooth and on demand power regulation and enables you to focus on your riding more than ever.

We at Peter Lynn are convinced we nailed it!

In about a month the Swell will be available, try this kite and convince yourself. Until then we will keep you updated, you can also check www.facebook.com/peterlynncom.

Swell. Ride like never before
Attachments
Swell detail (7).JPG
Swell detail (6).JPG

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Peter Lynn: Swell Predicted

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

more pictures:
Attachments
Swell 024.jpg
Swell 009.jpg
Swell 007.jpg
Swell 004.jpg

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

2 words

**YAWN**

BRING BACK THE S-ARC! MAKE A 2013 VERSION! It was the best kite ever!

Oh yeah. And C-quads that relaunch on water too.

Innovation please.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 pm

That was actually more than 2 words :remybussi:

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MonkeyAir » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 am

Hi S Arc.
If you want some original S arcs in good knack, there are a few in my garage. Been pestering PL for a solid wave focused tube kite for what seems like eons now. Very excited to try it. The other tube protos from PL have been working well. On the twin skin front the Charger Two is basically a very high tech and great performing S arc. Best arc to date no question for wave applications.
Being in the 195 to 200 pound range, the problem I have found with the three strut wave kites is lack of grunt or lack of range. Hard to find a mix of power, snap turning, and pretty much total de power/depowered turning for strapless wave sailing. Lets see how the Swell Kite scores. There's heaps of small kites for light guys in heavy winds, that is a yawn. Want to test the 12m first. It is the big kites in most brand ranges that don't work well for wave sailing as if they did not put the time in development in light wind areas or with a non feather weight rider. I
Just had a great session in ultra gusty 30 knot plus stuff and swell on a many year old six meter Eclipse Kima three strut. Lots of good three struts since those days so hopefully the swell is a great one.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I really hate that Peter Lynn went the lemming route...no longer and innovater but now a copy kat :(

jannik
Medium Poster

Postby jannik » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 pm

MonkeyAir wrote:Being in the 195 to 200 pound range....Want to test the 12m first....as if they did not put the time in development in light wind areas or with a non feather weight rider...Just had a great session in ultra gusty 30 knot plus stuff and swell on a many year old six meter Eclipse Kima three strut..
As you may know there is a current 13m. Bill Hansen designed wave kite(who designed your eclipse kite I believe) which is supposed to be design for riders with more life experience under the harness instead of trying to get feather weights out early.
Arcsrule wrote:I really hate that Peter Lynn went the lemming route...no longer and innovater but now a copy kat :(
Isn't that a bit harsh? They did manage to put the Phanny 2 and the Charger 2 out between the first LEI batch and this next one. Both with fair advancements as far as I know.
But from a purists point of view I know what you mean and if their LEIs are copy cat work I would call them both innovators and copy cats :lol:

jannik
Medium Poster

Postby jannik » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:41 pm

A bit of googling reveals that I'm wrong about Bill designing that Kima. It was already in the line-up when he joined in 2009......it is indeed an old kite you have :-)

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Honestly thought this was going to be a "PumpMeUp" thread about how superior LEI's are and thats why PL made this kite.

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby MonkeyAir » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:53 pm

The designers for PL worked with LEI designs quite a few times over the years. They did ground up research for their tube kites. I know as having spoken with the current designer who had no to market pressures to produce a tube kite at all and experimenting for research purposes. Had gotten a few of the protos to test in waves and send to team riders in HI to test. One of their tube designs did well with no markings on it in the race series and then pressure to release to public came on. They went through all sorts of twists and turns and did not release till they really had what they wanted with the original two tube kite designs. I got the proto for it no less than three years before they came out with the kite. That is heaps of R and D and no rush to market so not just a copy cat.
This is the reason I have hopes for their wave kite. Lets see I'm being optomistic on that. Reviews look very good but not heard from a lard arse riding one in surf yet with light winds.
LOL as this thread title does look like another big fat Pump me Up lawn do do dart target.

When PL senior was in charge of the whole shebang and throughout kitesurfings evolution, the brand has always considered all options for safety, performance and application and not just following where the most bucks could be made. It's what kept us riding and testing their stuff. You can still play with their kites. Currently modding an old charger one twin skin 15m. The twin skin rider infrastructure has some great minds and mods come to further tune the kites for an individuals liking. The lifespan of the twin skins is just crazy good. Still think they should have a great bridled flatter twin skin for light wind water use but the market won't really support it. Time and designs have moved on but not away and to stay in business you need to cover a lot of tastes. Sure hope they hit a home run with the swell. Looking forward to seeing reviews in here and not just of the seven or nine meter.

Yeah Jannik. Had the 12 m kima. Nice depower and turning but no grunt for heavy guy. The six is a fantastic high winds wave machine with an efficient board. Forget any boosting of course.

Return to “Kitesurfing”