All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Boots on crazyfly raptor ???
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm 
Rare Poster

I think im gonna go with the best profanity after Christmas , i think it will be worth it to get a board built for wakestyle:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 am 
Frequent Poster

Starsky wrote:
[quote="sijandyOk, personally, of those things you mentioned, only the insert reinforcement would be relevent to using bindings i think. Flex and rocker should'nt be a factor (assuming average flex).

Flex has a huge impact. In a stiffer board the stiff plate of the binding base is less likely to both torque out your inserts or beak the board at the edge of the plate.
You dont have to believe it, but thats the way it is.
[/quote]

Only on a board that has huge flex all the way through, if like many boards it doesn't really flex much until the tips then it doesn't make too much difference as the additional stiffness of the binding plate bolted to the deck helps reduce flex.

Quote:
Flexy boards are just generally less compatible with the style of riding that being locked into boots promotes. With your feet locked in with the extra control that offers, a more constant and predictable rocker curve just feels better.

That's just your opinion not fact, for me bindings don't promote any particular style of riding... the rider does that. I've used bindings since day1 and there just outright better than straps in almost everyway so i use them on a number of different boards for different types of riding.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

sijandy wrote:
That's just your opinion not fact,

Really? I guess you can also ride a surfboard in flat water if you like, but I think most gear more or less lends itself to a particular style. Even a quick look at the style of riding the many pro's in kiteboarding who ride boots full time are doing and its pretty clear that boots do lend themselves not only to a particular style of riding but a particular style of board. Yeah I guess that also just happens to be my opinion. You can ride whatever you like, but the general trend is plain to see. For the OP to simply try out boots, sure, but em on whatever, but to optimize the experience its pretty common sense to match the board and binding for both performance and durability. That advice is not to promote any one style, but rather to save him from potentially damaging a perfectly good board thats designed for straps, and also to help him get the most out of his efforts. There is a lot to be said for well matched gear. I see miss matched gear in all kinds of sports and its never used by the guys and girls who really do those sports well.

sijandy wrote:
Only on a board that has huge flex all the way through, if like many boards it doesn't really flex much until the tips then it doesn't make too much difference as the additional stiffness of the binding plate bolted to the deck helps reduce flex.

Pretty much all but the boot specific boards on the market flex enough that when really loaded the board will flatten between the boots effectively killing rocker when you want it most. Having a board that keeps its curve pretty constant makes for a predictably plush ride.

Dude will be happy with a wakestyle board.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3