Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2014 North Evo review (in comparimsment to the 2013 Fuse)

Forum for kitesurfers
gismal
Rare Poster
Gear: north fuse 12m 2010 north jaime
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2014 North Evo review (in comparimsment to the 2013 Fuse

Postby gismal » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am

Westozzy wrote:Yeh I'm thinking the same on the look out for a used 12m fuse. Gonna try the Evo again on the soft setting as Tom said (had it on The middle) and also had my lines over tuned as well.

Must admit I'm a little chameleon in nature and have changed my kites every year but I have no intention of changing from the dice I like it that much. But I want an old school booster in the mix in the 12m size, that's not a race kite mind you.
please write down your impressions when you try again the evo.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 am

gismal wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Yeh I'm thinking the same on the look out for a used 12m fuse. Gonna try the Evo again on the soft setting as Tom said (had it on The middle) and also had my lines over tuned as well.

Must admit I'm a little chameleon in nature and have changed my kites every year but I have no intention of changing from the dice I like it that much. But I want an old school booster in the mix in the 12m size, that's not a race kite mind you.
please write down your impressions when you try again the evo.

Actually my plan is to ride the new Evo and rebel back to back. Wish there was a fuse running around but alas nothing.

gismal
Rare Poster
Gear: north fuse 12m 2010 north jaime

Postby gismal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Anyone else?

misfit132
Rare Poster
Style: Race/Freeride
Gear: North Fuse 7 12
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Mystic

Postby misfit132 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:18 am

gismal wrote:Anyone else?
I was riding 12m North Evo 2014, before fuse. Super fast and stable kite, loops are smooth, hangtime excellent, with smaller sizes is possible to boost big air for sure. Tried unhooked in cca: 18 knots - did not even trim the kite and after the pop kite slacks perfect. North bar lines looks like a gold, really worth to have. Wingtips mybe bend a little when wind really picks up.
With EVO you can not miss or any other North kite in their range.

Happy with kite preformance and quality.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:29 am

Wha do you mean before the fuse??

gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North

Postby gvironda » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I've just flown an EVO 2014 9m, in its perfect wind range, 15/16 knots gusting over 20 knots
Before I rode on 2012/2013 Evos, 2013 Rebels and 2012 Neo
Overall very happy. Super intuitive, flys forward in the window, and build speed really super fast
does not handle gust like a rebel, but still very good
bar pressure was super ok in the middle setting, not tiring at all
boost well and hangtime very good, just little bit below rebels
cannot comments on wave capabilities, but I did a lot of downwind carving, and it was following me really well, and depowering perfectly
overall very happy

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Still deciding on the size of my new evo, since i cannot demo those kites.
I ride mainly in 15-22 knots, and weight 105kg.
Last year I mainly used a 12m 2013 evo and a 140x44 board. Loved the kite, just lacked hangtime and upwind performance.
This year i'm thinking about going 1 or 2 meters higher, so either the 13m or the 14m.

Is there a big difference between those sizes? in 2012 I rember the 12m rebel and 13m rebel being so different(speed and grunt).

What size should I pick? I may pair this new evo with a 2012 10m fuse for the stronger days, or maybe keep the new evo for a 1 kite quiver.

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North

Postby COOP » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:39 am

The Fuse will blow the Evo away with jumping/hang time, that's what it is designed to do. You will be surprised of the bottom end on the 10mt Fuse. It is my favourite size, big sweet spot!
I would go a two kite quiver, to be safe. Could not recommend any sizes on the 2014 Evo as I have not flown them. For me at 90 kg a 12 is my largest size in the Fuse, so maybe go the 13.
Be interested to hear your feedback if you do get the two kites and which you prefer!
Personally I find the big kites in Norths (14mt) range to heavy and turn like trucks in light winds, you really should consider a light wind kite once you go over 13. It's just the way the Norths are built with reinforcement that make them a bit to heavy in lighter winds.
Good luck

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:03 am

COOP wrote:The Fuse will blow the Evo away with jumping/hang time, that's what it is designed to do. You will be surprised of the bottom end on the 10mt Fuse. It is my favourite size, big sweet spot!
I would go a two kite quiver, to be safe. Could not recommend any sizes on the 2014 Evo as I have not flown them. For me at 90 kg a 12 is my largest size in the Fuse, so maybe go the 13.
Be interested to hear your feedback if you do get the two kites and which you prefer!
Personally I find the big kites in Norths (14mt) range to heavy and turn like trucks in light winds, you really should consider a light wind kite once you go over 13. It's just the way the Norths are built with reinforcement that make them a bit to heavy in lighter winds.
Good luck
+1!

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:01 pm

COOP wrote:The Fuse will blow the Evo away with jumping/hang time, that's what it is designed to do. You will be surprised of the bottom end on the 10mt Fuse. It is my favourite size, big sweet spot!
Good luck
Thanks Mate,
I think i'll get the 13m and pair with the 10m old fuse.
Caesar, i'll bring you the evo so you can try, if north doesn't f*** up and deliver my kite in time.

North here in Brazil is having some stocking issues. For the 2014 kites, they had rebels and dices till 2 months ago when they ran out. Now they don't have any 2014 kites. They expect to receive the Evos and Neos soon. They wont have anymore rebels, until the 2015 is launched.

Return to “Kitesurfing”