Favorite Beaches: tahiti, buzios
Style: freerider
Gear: crossbow 16, vegas 14,switchblade 12, crossbow 10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which are The Best all year kitesurf cities in the World

Postby Michelks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Rio, barra da tijuca . I will be moving there in 3 weeks with my family. Not very windy but you can kite a lot, surf a lot, nice weather and just a few grils.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:24 am

After traveling the whole of earth searching out wind and surf, Auckland really has close access to the most incredible riding. Bit cold in winter which i do moan about a bit ,and rains a bit - but windy all year 5m 7m 9m 11m 13m 15m huge variation..., does not shut down like the classic locations in the offseason. I can surf 4ft barreling waves before breakfast then drive 45mins and have a flat water slick kite session on a completely different ocean.

West coast kiting needs caution though, you can be dealing with some of biggest swells / fastest rip currents on earth. Don't ever go to NZ and expect to be riding at the same spot each day - the weather changes here r lunatic. You cannot plan well in advance, you need to be mobile. I say this cos I met some kiting tourists and they were leaving NZ and had not kited for a week - I told then I have been riding everyday in sick conditions and they nearly cried, they had just been waiting for one well know spot to come alive - they just needed to drive couple of hours... flat water slick waves .. whatever u want - if u surf too you get even more confused as to where to go on the day - I am not sure it is healthy lol

Well if there is somewhere better - i am moving there.....

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly

Postby nick14 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:08 am

+1 for melbourne. Just been out today in St kilda.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 am

longwhitecloud wrote:After traveling the whole of earth searching out wind and surf, Auckland really has close access to the most incredible riding. Bit cold in winter which i do moan about a bit ,and rains a bit - but windy all year 5m 7m 9m 11m 13m 15m huge variation..., does not shut down like the classic locations in the offseason. I can surf 4ft barreling waves before breakfast then drive 45mins and have a flat water slick kite session on a completely different ocean.

West coast kiting needs caution though, you can be dealing with some of biggest swells / fastest rip currents on earth. Don't ever go to NZ and expect to be riding at the same spot each day - the weather changes here r lunatic. You cannot plan well in advance, you need to be mobile. I say this cos I met some kiting tourists and they were leaving NZ and had not kited for a week - I told then I have been riding everyday in sick conditions and they nearly cried, they had just been waiting for one well know spot to come alive - they just needed to drive couple of hours... flat water slick waves .. whatever u want - if u surf too you get even more confused as to where to go on the day - I am not sure it is healthy lol

Well if there is somewhere better - i am moving there.....
For sure you haven't been in Cumbuco (but of course that's outside your "whole of earth"). :wink:

awo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ilhabela, ubatuba
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu

Postby awo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

florianopolis, in the state of santa catarina, south brazil. medium sized city, good university ( better than fortaleza ), nice people, perfect flat water ( lagoa da conceicao) , waves in the ocean, if you drive one our there is an even better spot ( Ibiraquera), water not as warm and wind not as reliable as Cumbuco and the whole Ceara, but conditions for living and working better than northeast Brazil ( and you always can fly there for a long weekend).Good luck.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:56 am

u not first person to say this to me, quite a few Brazilians have lived and kited in nz, maybe i actually have to go visit them finally, a crew of friends did go to Cumbuco but they found it real crowded - had to deal with short tackers cutting in a lot. i will go , a friend just moved his whole family out there further south- look a lot like nz actually in his pics....

CTwatersports
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Gear: Cabrinha
Vanhunks
Liquid Force

Postby CTwatersports » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:02 am

Cape Town is perfect for what you're looking for.

Crazy wind, and the beautiful African sun along with good waves and tons of beaches and lagoons to go and kite, you won't get bored here.
English is the prevalent language here, and the locals are super friendly!

Also UCT is a high ranking world renowned university.

For more info on the Kite scene in Caoe Town check this out http://capetown-watersports.com/

Return to “Kitesurfing”