Forum for kitesurfers
Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Are Switch kites getting any better?

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:54 am

agreed....

but it may also get some others to post who may ave been on smaller sizes...

too quiet on the review front on this kite, earn your 25% off team riders!! :angryfire:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 am

I would like to hear from those that demo them who are not team riders, likely to get a more balanced report. :lol:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:03 am

Me to, but surely some of the team riders have their kites now!!

You will get one off me and the crew I can assure you...

I will go in with 'its the best freeride kite' on the market and take it from there... :D

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price
Been thanked: 0

Postby KAWIKA » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:38 am

FYI Switch does not email team riders or customers who buy kites and tell them to post reviews on this forum you got them confused with other company's on this forum :thumb:
And when I let people demo my kites I do not tell them to post review or email me & I will not put a iPhone in your face that's just obnoxious :angryfire:
The best way to get a review is to find a team rider & take a ride yourself :thumb:
I do have a 12 V3 Nitro & V2 bar on the way if you are in FL :jump:
Attachments
image.jpg

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 am

Kawika sorry mate I do get your drift but there's a fair bit of bollocks in your reply.

Let's share as much information as possible as this information will inspire people to demo the kites. This is a starting point for most riders to narrow down there options as demos do take time and energy from both parties.

I am in discussion with a lot of people both locally and around the world over this kite and we are searching for information. If I was stoked with my new kite I know I'd like to share this and would need no edict from switch to do this.

So switch nitro riders fire away, describe this kites performance...or don't...maybe you aren't stoked...who knows right? Apparently this kite is better than a lot of multi generational kites a lot people like myself have ridden or ride, so is it...and why?

Rando1994
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: East beach at fort desoto
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone zephyr, ocean rodeo rise, mako king

Postby Rando1994 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 pm

From Westozzy:
Sounds good to me....rando does it require a more racking kite technique or can you keep that tension and rip it up and past 12?

You can keep the tension and rip it up and past 12. Much past 12 and you better hang on because it is going to tear you off the water

Does the kite have that high aspect bound surge (as the kite tries to hunt the edge of the window quickly) or does the pull come on in a linear fashion?

The pull, IMHO, is quite linear. Hence the powerful pull as you are sending it. It just builds and builds.

Hope this helps!

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 pm

oh man… .now I have a touch call between the black or red Element2! I have the black 7 meter and it looks HOT… going to add the 13 in a week or so, can't decide which colour. Once I've got some experience on the kite, I'll post a full review. I've flown the 7 slightly and found it to be quite nice. Really solid low end pull, quick turning and nice depower. I realize this is pretty vague, but again, once I have some more time on it, I'll really drop a solid review.

Anyone have additional pics of the red element2?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Rando1994 wrote:From Westozzy:
Sounds good to me....rando does it require a more racking kite technique or can you keep that tension and rip it up and past 12?

You can keep the tension and rip it up and past 12. Much past 12 and you better hang on because it is going to tear you off the water

Does the kite have that high aspect bound surge (as the kite tries to hunt the edge of the window quickly) or does the pull come on in a linear fashion?

The pull, IMHO, is quite linear. Hence the powerful pull as you are sending it. It just builds and builds.

Hope this helps!

Awesome rando great info, makes me sure to try one...ta!!

Guys on smaller sizes, describe the looping characteristics. Does it accelerate a little through the loop or does it have that aspect lag when losing speed as it comes around and up?
Last edited by Westozzy on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:45 am

+2 on the Bollocks!

mogmachine
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Paje - Zanzibar, Trestel - France, Camber Sands - UK, Brancaster Bay - UK, Hunstanton - UK
Favorite Beaches: Paje - Zanzibar, Trestel - France, Camber Sands - UK, Brancaster Bay - UK, Hunstanton - UK
Style: Freestyle, Wake, Powered
Gear: Naish Torch 7,8,9,10,11
Goldenboard Luxury 133
ION Madtrix
Brand Affiliation: Goldenboard rider
Technical Director: KiteSista Magazine, Paje By Kite, Trampaboards

Postby mogmachine » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:02 am

This thread kind of went from "Are Switch kites getting any better?" in two directions ...

1) a global review of all switch kites, ...not a bad thing I might add, ..but I think it was aptly put by a number of people here and is so true, ...ALL kite reviews are distorted and only really relevant if you know and trust the rider, ..and are aware of their riding style.

I rode Torches for 10 years, ...I have recently switched to Switch and the Combat2's ....they are great kites, ..they are completely different to the Torches and I am not going to bore you with a lengthy review, ..if you want to know you can contact me privately, ..but the important thing to note is that only a small percentage of you will ride in the same style as I do and want and feel the same things from I kite as I do, ....so to 90% of you anything I say about how I feel about the kite is irrelevant, ...except for the quality and durability (and even that is subjective to how well I treat my kites both off and on the water).

2) Is the brand getting better, ....without insulting the nature of the thread. ...yes. Is the Latest kites from North, Naish etc better than 3 years ago? (that is rhetorical ...we don't need to start that discussion here ;) ).

What is important however is whether the Switch model of business is getting better, ...and more than getting better, .getting more widely excepted as viable and working. ...and this stems across more than the kiting industry, as new companies embody the technology driven opportunities available and more utilise the direct-sales model.

Bill Hansen seems to be the best at articulating this ....so we interviewed him about it, ....of course he is biased, ..he works for Switch, ...but he makes some interesting points especially about obstacles faced by direct-sales, ...touched on in this thread earlier when it was mentioned about removal of Switch reviews and posts before advertising was paid for, and lack of Switch exposure in Magazines.

http://www.kitesista.com/kitesista-talks-switch-kites/ ....read it before you accuse me of hijacking the post ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”