Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are Switch kites getting any better?

Forum for kitesurfers
Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Are Switch kites getting any better?

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 am

No one hijacking FelixP. Then what I rode was not the Nitro 3. 2 then? The guy who demo the Nitro let me change the settings on the kite. I ride first on fastest turning and then more direct setting. Like I said above the kite was sluggish turning but to be fair I fly Fuel so not trying to compare to my kite.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 am

Ok - just to keep the reports on the 'Real' playing field...

Can you 'all' keep reviews in its useable windrange please.

As we all know any bit of "RAG" will jump well overpowered...
so keep to what is relevant and believeable thankyou :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:57 am

Nah I want to hear more on the power delivery and how it boosts!!! Got in touch with that team rider I know, hopefully he will have one soon and I can assure you I will pick it to pieces for everyone. Can't wait, hope it is as good as they say for me, if not you will know who it is good for. I always try and stay somewhat impartial as it may not suite yourself, doesn't mean it won't suite a certain other rider. I think my bro whose as mad as a cut snake will love it.

kitesurfwarehouse
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Blade , Griffin, 997 , Bang, Mystic , Skywalker

Postby kitesurfwarehouse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Switch simply represent more choice on the market and a different model (but nothing new as best started that way for those of you who have been about long enough). Yes they are considered a budget brand , but seeing the kites close up (but never using it) it looked okay to me.

But if you are worried about buying what is considered a budget brand you can buy top named brands on clearance from many shops. We are famous for closing out last years gear at huge discounts (many as much as 50%off) and have 2013 kites on clearance from Blade , Liquid Force , Crazyfly and some even 2012 Naish , all for less than the switch prices. For many that's a better option. For some , they want the latest 2014 top brands and for some, they like the switch method.

There are lots of different buyers who care about different things out there. Switch gives another choice that will be right for some , but not right for others.

www.kitesurfwarehouse.com

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Now that is hijacking a thread!! :D

James

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:54 pm

^^^ makes me wonder what Switch plans are for those kites returned under the 30 day return policy

selling them as "2nd hand as new" under a discount?..

and imo is about time for switch to inject some cheerful & joy in their colours, saw somewhere a full red element that look good, find their usual colours a bit boring. just not sure if that red one was photoshop or something for real.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Tiago1973 wrote:^^^ makes me wonder what Switch plans are for those kites returned under the 30 day return policy

selling them as "2nd hand as new" under a discount?..

and imo is about time for switch to inject some cheerful & joy in their colours, saw somewhere a full red element that look good, find their usual colours a bit boring. just not sure if that red one was photoshop or something for real.
The red one is real ;)

Personally I like the black/blue/white kites. The simple layout makes them look elegant imho.

I'm not a fan of noisy kites (Gaastra, new Cabs, stuff like that)

jats2k9
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft Lauderdale
Miami beach
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle
Gear: Best

Postby jats2k9 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:14 pm

I dont care if it's considered a budget brand or not. At the end of the day I get as much fun as anyone out there on the most expensive ones. And just an observation, the guys that I have seen killing it out there in the water are usually riding older and beat to hell gear. The ones on the newest and most expensive are just mowing the lawn.

BigZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central California Coast
Favorite Beaches: Jalama Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave kites,
Surfboards, surfboards, and more surfboards ...

Did I say surfboards ?

Postby BigZ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Felix

How is Nitro3, especially smaller sizes 8/10, for strapless surfing. Doable?

BigZ

Nitro3 - Boosting machine . Gets you up there fast and high and gives you time to glide so you can do what ever you want up there.
It does not only give you hang time it gives you height right away. - This is a stand out for my personal taste as you feel the sensation of height right of the get go. Matches or surpasses any boosting kite on the market

Element 2 - Gets you up there really fast and brings you down soft- With this kite you can seriously get some air. Perfect for a mixture of air tricks. Low and High.

Combat2- World Class freestyle machine. Super pop -power and mega loop machine.
Rivals any top True C kite out there today.[/quote]

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:35 pm

the issue about being perceived as a budget brand is the liquidy within the 2nd hand market
- ability to sell in a short period at a fair price

I´m in 1 of those countries sponsered by the IMF, the Germans and Bruxelles - liquidity is a valueable asset

Return to “Kitesurfing”