Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are Switch kites getting any better?

forum for kitesurfers

felixp
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 12
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Re: Are Switch kites getting any better?

Postby felixp » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 am

Hello Matteo V,

The new direction we have taken will evolve like always.
The Element6 will be the biggest drastic change in design for a particular model you will see. We needed to reach the All round all terrain market. Our team felt that the Element5 was too far off the mark for most users.
The E6 has now satisfied this criteria and we can evolve from there very nicely .

We will continue to go this route with all future designs for all our product.

Spare parts are now available on our site for the v4 bar.

jb8431
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: core kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jb8431 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Switch really should just keep their design hype on the down low. Switch talks a lot of hot air on the forums. If the kite is not a lemon and can do a bit of everything...great! Just listen to the Aussies they will give it a straight review.
The best thing going for switch is the direct sales. The problem is the freaky switchites out there that act like groupies and comment on gear they have never seen or tried.

wake up...You addicts out there.... the kites are not for you. The kites are for the masses. This isn’t a club. it’s a business for profit. The idea is to get as many bucket list kiters to buy their gear so they can make money and retire in luxury.

It looks like switch took a cookie cutter design which is way off from Bill Hansen and will tweak and badge it as there own. But really who cares. If it works and is fun that’s what matters. I could care less what switch does or any other company for that matter when it comes to design direction as long as it’s a good fun product. What switch says now may change next season or along the evolutional kite highway they are on. But really it’s all about business not building up product for you addicts out there like me.

So if you want a good deal and probably an average product which isn’t a bad thing, then buy switch. If you want to be a conformist and buy “name brand “, what ever brand those are anyway. Do it! In the end it’s really about being on the water and having fun. Who could care less if your flying a garbage bag. If your ripping it and having fun at isn’t that what counts.

alford
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:42 pm

People just want to know what they're getting. Even with the satisfaction guarantee there's risk involved. The buyer has a fairly tight window to try the kite and if not satisfied, ship it back in time and pay the cost for return shipping which could easily be $100 USD. I'm guessing at the amount but International shipping costs for an item valued at $700 doesn't come cheap. Don't get me wrong, Switch has a great return policy but it's always a good idea to do your due diligence on research before pulling the trigger on a new kite. As more information becomes available and a greater number of user reviews trickle in questions and speculation on the origins of the E6 will settle down.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active
Ozone reo V4 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:02 pm

I find it ridiculous to call it an Element, there is no Element DNA in this kite, its shape and bridle are so far away from the Hanson Element!

If they would have given this kite another name, this thread would have been pretty different, I think Switch marketing has made a big mistake here.

Dude

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Oldschool
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:10 pm

It's a beginner driven industry. Look at this thread. Someone yells new delta and everyone comes out of a woodwork. Find a cute name like recon or override and every dentist from Florida to California will buy into the latest hype. I am sick of it. Ozone in the beginning has proven that you can sell kites without marketing, riders and all surrounding bullshit. I thought that Switch would be that kind of bus model, plus direct sales. Why everybody wants to be Cabrinha? Be different or you might end up like Best.

Bill C
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Bill C » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:11 am

What's being a dentist got to do with it?

I was pissed when Ozone dumbed down the Catalyst and still called it the same model. But I got over it.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, King Gee,
Mako Duke.

Postby matth » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 am

They have been making Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Challengers, and Chargers for 50plus years. Only subtle hints of their predecessors, but the same name...fine by me..

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:25 am

marlboroughman wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:10 pm
Ozone ... has proven that you can sell kites without marketing, riders and all surrounding bullshit.
What?

felixp
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 12
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm

A little look at Marc doing his thing in N.Z on the Element6 .

The kite now truly is what is was meant to be : Element6 is here. Welcome to the new Era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRhtYi ... e=youtu.be

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, King Gee,
Mako Duke.

Postby matth » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 pm

felixp wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm
A little look at Marc doing his thing in N.Z on the Element6 .

The kite now truly is what is was meant to be : Element6 is here. Welcome to the new Era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRhtYi ... e=youtu.be
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”